PDA

View Full Version : 2000fp Wtf??

Riptide
01-23-03, 01:16 PM
Anyone here notice that the 2000FP seems to have dropped off Dell's small business website? Has it been discontinued?:confused:

Riptide
01-24-03, 04:21 PM
FYI, for those that are interested I contacted Dell and found out that the 2000FP is still available. It is not 20% off any longer and is $999 + ship (still a good deal though).

They are looking into why it has disappeared from their website and should be getting back to me sometime next week.

Riptide
01-29-03, 10:47 AM
This unit is now again available via Dell's small business section of their website. Why it was not showing up for a while I do not yet know.

I'm sure Pelly agrees with me that this is one fine LCD for the money. Excellent value. Take it from me, even with a couple stuck pixels this display still rox!

pelly
01-29-03, 12:30 PM
Without question, the 2000FP is the best investment I've ever made in PC hardware...

If you sit in front of the screen all day, your eyes will thank you for buying this thing...

:D

saturnotaku
01-29-03, 02:01 PM
LCD's are a lot of fun now. Dell makes some fantastic displays. The one on my laptop is nothing short of stellar. Nice and clear and a great response time for gaming.

I just bought my roommate's 18.1" Acer. Not the greatest one in the world, but it's decent for gaming and for the price I got it I'm not going to complain at all. :D

Congrats on getting that 2000FP - if it's anything at all like my laptop screen, I know I would certainly love having that display on my system. :D

Riptide
01-29-03, 10:33 PM
To add to that comment, I am also very impressed with the 1600x1200 native mode on my latitude 840. Unbelievably clear text when you take into account how small it is when you run the display native. The display on the 840 is the best I've seen yet on a laptop, or any other 15" LCD for that matter..

Riptide
01-29-03, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by pelly
Without question, the 2000FP is the best investment I've ever made in PC hardware...
If you sit in front of the screen all day, your eyes will thank you for buying this thing...
:D

I'm surprised there haven't been any real notable reviews on the web. The 2000FP is begging for a good review...

Riptide
01-30-03, 05:32 PM
Sorry about the huge amounts of posts I've thrown into this thread, but I figured at least some of this people might be interested in.

Last night I noticed that there is a small gray mark in the extreme lower right corner of my 2000FP. It doesn't stick out and it only shows up against a pure white background and even then only if you look for it. Along with the 2-3 stuck pixels that come and go I figure that this unit is borderline whether or not it should be exchanged. So, out of curiousity I called Dell and found out that an exchange is possible but a refurb would be sent out. You only get one new one. Keep in mind I've only had this thing for about a month now. In Dell's defense, that is how most companies in the industry handle these situations. Kinda lame, but what can ya do eh? I also asked them if there was a magic number for dead/stuck pixels as far as whether they will do an exchange or not and the rep I spoke with said that there was NOT. Therefore, theoretically you could return it for an exchange w/refurb if you had only a single stuck pixel.

I'm going to keep the new one I have now with the minor problems it has. If a couple more problems show up I might reconsider. But a refurb does not sound very attractive to me / worth the risk once I take into consideration how minor the issues this new one has.

Ah, the quest for the PERFECT display. Someday maybe I'll find one. Or, maybe not. Perfection can be an elusive goal.;)