PDA

View Full Version : Creative X-Fi Elite Pro: best speaker system?

fyak1
03-07-06, 02:16 AM
Hi all

Have just ordered X-Fi Elite Pro and need to upgrade surround speaker system.

I listen to a lot of music and am a gamer. The admittedly cheap pc speaker systems I have used in the past go overboard with rumbling bass and piercing treble, and lack any disecernable mid range (which is a definite requirement for me). Obviously the sound card itself will make a difference but what speaker systems are good enough to do the X-Fi Elite Pro justice?

seeker010
03-07-06, 02:16 AM
Hi all

Have just ordered X-Fi Elite Pro and need to upgrade surround speaker system.

I listen to a lot of music and am a gamer. The admittedly cheap pc speaker systems I have used in the past go overboard with rumbling bass and piercing treble, and lack any disecernable mid range (which is a definite requirement for me). Obviously the sound card itself will make a difference but what speaker systems are good enough to do the X-Fi Elite Pro justice?
separates. no pc speaker system will do it justice.

Smokey
03-07-06, 06:18 AM
I dont know, my Gigworks S750's sound great with the X-Fi Pro, 7.1 surround goodness :D

If you want something that is better than that, then you will need to spend €1000 at least to notice the jump IMO.

superklye
03-07-06, 07:29 AM
I'm using my Logitech Z-5300s and they sound amzing with the Elite Pro pumping sound through them. Those, the 5500s or any high-end system from any of the PC speaker companies will do it justice.

nrs421
03-07-06, 07:39 AM
i'm partial to my klipsch 5.1 ultras (http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=712)....best speakers ever

fyak1
03-07-06, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I have looked at the Klipsch Ultra's but there seem to be quite a lot of negative posts on various forums about the durability of these speakers. That said I am not going to be cranking the volume all the way up. Have you had any issues with them?

|JuiceZ|
03-07-06, 08:24 AM
Order the Gigaworks S750 and never look back :D

CaptNKILL
03-07-06, 08:50 AM
Keep in mind you'll have to use analog speaker connections to get surround sound, so 90% of digital recievers and systems are out of the question for surround gaming (DVDs will be fine though).

You'll have to get either a PC system or you'll have to find a reciever with analog surround outputs. Id look at that first and then determine what would give you the best sound quality.

Im using Logitech Z-5500s and they are probably a little weak in the low-mid range but I think they sound fantastic. Especially with the X-Fi crystalizer enabled. They have plenty of extra connections AND Dolby Digital support as well, so that helps a ton.

wheeljack12
03-07-06, 11:20 AM
I use the gigaworks s750. Drop the coin if you can afford.

TheManko
03-07-06, 05:02 PM
The X-fi series have CMSS Virtual which is so good in fact that 2 or 4 speakers might be enough, unless of course you really want 5.1 or 7.1.
I'm personally using stereo bookshelves right now and the 3d placement is stunning. Better than Dolby Virtual speaker, even.