PDA

View Full Version : GRAW Impressions

Pages : [1] 2 3

brady
03-07-06, 11:33 AM
If you've managed to get the game let us know what you think...

P.S. You probably thought I had it already. Nope. :D

evilchris
03-07-06, 12:00 PM
Is it allegedly on store shelves?

CrazyIvan
03-07-06, 12:18 PM
yeah impressions would be nice.

brady
03-07-06, 02:09 PM
There are quite a few people who've managed to get a hold of it today. Just check the txb and xbox forums. Anyway, I checked with all the gamestops, eb's, cc, and bb's around Midlothian VA and none of them will have it out today. Oh well, one more day.

toxikneedle
03-07-06, 04:20 PM
I reserved it at EB but I still didn't get a call to pick it up :\

Buenamos
03-07-06, 06:06 PM
TeamXbox Review
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1132/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter/p1/
IGN Review
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/694/694274p1.html

toxikneedle
03-07-06, 07:45 PM
Just got a call from EB that theyll have my copy tomorrow afternoon, can't wait!

Buenamos
03-07-06, 08:07 PM
Just got a call from EB that theyll have my copy tomorrow afternoon, can't wait!
Yep, I'm going to pick up my copy tomorrow at Best Buy. Check out the outnumbered and outgunned video on teamxbox's site. WOW! :D

toxikneedle
03-07-06, 08:12 PM
Yep, I'm going to pick up my copy tomorrow at Best Buy. Check out the outnumbered and outgunned video on teamxbox's site. WOW! :D
No I'm on a GRAW withdrawl this past week, heh (pirate)

brady
03-07-06, 11:14 PM
Got the call to pick it up tomorrow. Woot!

Mr_LoL
03-08-06, 02:59 AM
16 player coop sounds very interesting and a cool feature.

brady
03-08-06, 11:22 AM
Gotta go to work for a while, but click on my gamertag (http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=sneezymarble).(nana2)

ENU291
03-08-06, 12:05 PM
Gotta go to work for a while, but click on my gamertag (http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=sneezymarble).(nana2):wonder:

toxikneedle
03-08-06, 12:38 PM
Just picked up my copy from EB, they were completely sold out unless u pre-ordered. People behind me couldnt buy it.

brady
03-08-06, 02:18 PM
Playing now. I'll be back in here to let you know what I think.:D

evilchris
03-08-06, 02:22 PM
I gave up. Can't find the **** anywhere. It's easier to find a 360 then this game.

ENU291
03-08-06, 02:30 PM
FYI... I just picked up a copy of GRAW at Best Buy in NYC. The store location is 23rd st and 6th ave. As of 2:26PM EST they have about 20 copies left!! :)

overheat
03-08-06, 02:58 PM
The game is awesome and the graphics are just wow already at the 4th mission.

http://live.xbox.com/member/OverHeat

brady
03-08-06, 04:07 PM
This is a very very good game. First, the graphics are nicely done. I notice that some textures are low, however when you consider the amount of geometry on the screen I can easily understand why. It doesn't take away from the gameplay at all IMO. The lighting, in particular, is very well done. The way the HDR works is fantastic and the color changes do add to the emotion I think. IMO this is easily the strongest looking 360 game to date. Very solid visuals. The animations are fantastic.

I thought I would hate the crosscom but I am enjoying it and sometimes wish they gave you even more information.

I think the sound is also fantastic. Makes me want a better sound setup...I love the explosions!!!

Oh, one more thing about the graphics...I'm not sure what the "official" word is, but it never really looked as if COD2 had any AA applied. From where I'm sitting there is absolutely AA in this game. I know it's silly, but I really was pissed to notice a lack of AA in any 360 games. Refreshing.

toxikneedle
03-08-06, 05:51 PM
Yes I agree that this definet. uses AA and looks great on a Dell monitor. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay is insane too. Although i have to start getting used to taking it a bit slower, i keep dying from running in the open heh.

Only one negative, my game started artifacting, majorly. I checked the 360 and it was running cooler than usual as well so I dunno, hopefully a random bug. The game just turned completely black and then u would see random objects in white, kinda like a photo negative. I think it was a HDR bug from what I can tell. Anyways I reloaded the checkpoint and it was fine again. Alright off to play more.

ENU291
03-08-06, 06:33 PM
Just played the first few single player missions. This game is sweet!! Graphics, gameplay, sound... all top notch. 360 owners should run out and get this ASAP!! :)

Zelda_fan
03-08-06, 06:46 PM
FYI... I just picked up a copy of GRAW at Best Buy in NYC. The store location is 23rd st and 6th ave. As of 2:26PM EST they have about 20 copies left!! :)

man I'm tempted to go in and pick that up now. But I'm having too much fun playing Kameo atm.

evilchris
03-08-06, 06:51 PM
You at the kingdom yet? Jaw dropping graphics. What TV you playing it on?

ENU291
03-08-06, 06:53 PM
Kameo is awesome. The graphics in that game is jaw dropping. Have fun playing. BTW I'm going to add everyone's gamertag to my list. If you see StryderXx you'll know it's me. Cya all on LIVE!!

Edit: HAHAHA.... Evilchis and I both said "jaw dropping". I guess those words best describe Kameo!

Zelda_fan
03-08-06, 07:18 PM
You at the kingdom yet? Jaw dropping graphics. What TV you playing it on?

check my achievements to see where I am :D

Yes the graphics are amazing. Sort of like the same style as WoW but MUCH MUCH more detail. It's beautiful really. And the waterfall... best water I've seen to date. But the most impressive thing is where you get on horseback and there are literally thousands of trolls on screen in real time. I was in shock. NO SLOWDOWN at all. The XBOX360 has some serious horsepower.

I haven't decided on a HDTV yet (still doing research) so atm I'm playing it on my LCD monitor. Yeah it dosen't really do it justice, but I refuse to disgrace Kameo with a standard definition TV. At least with the LCD I'll be runnig it at full resolution.

I can't get a projection TV like you suggested. I have to mount it on a wall which means my only options are plasma and LCD. I'm zeroing in on the Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK. It's 50in, 1366x768 (so it can do 720p native), and a half-life of 60,000 hours. From what I have read it also has the best blacks on any plasma in the industry. Here's a link to it's specs

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=94540&catGroupId=14624&modelNo=TH-50PHD8UK&surfModel=TH-50PHD8UK