PDA

View Full Version : Router problem

Taiken
03-07-06, 10:18 PM
I will tell you right now. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. All I know is... router ain't working. We had 4 computers hooked up to it, working fine. We disconnected one to move it to another house. After that, the others didn't get a connection. The modem is fine; can use it to connect with one PC. But yeah... we don't know what we're doing. It wouldn't make sense for the router to just DIE like that.... but... someone help lol

retsam
03-07-06, 10:24 PM
power off the router then power it back on but before you power it back on unplug all the computers and then plug them back in on at a time. and then test for connectivity. you should also make sure that the routers WAN port is plugged into the modem. dont plug the modem into the other ports it just wont work.

Taiken
03-07-06, 10:40 PM
Nothing is working still. Followed what you said, still no good. I just don't know what could of went wrong. All we did was disconnect the 4th computer and moved it. During the movement our other computers were still connected. When our PC's were rebooted, thats when it just quit working. Don't know what the deal is...

ynnek
03-07-06, 11:07 PM
Heh, my router just died sometime lastnight/this morning... I went to use the computer this morning, and couldn't get connected.. Looked at the router, and all the lights are off.. Powerbrick tests out okay.. but no matter what, it won't turn on or anything... blah..

retsam
03-08-06, 01:14 AM
do you have the link lights on each port? also are the link lights on your modem? i would call your isp they might beable to get this resolved faster then we can