PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII Joins the Elite 5

|MaguS|
03-08-06, 06:58 PM
Seems like Famitsu has given Final Fantasy XII a perfect score of 40 in its recent review making it the sixth game in history to ever get a perfect from the magazine. This a huge deal considering no other Final Fantasy ever has gotten such a score, they especially praised the game for its freshness into a long running series.

The other five titles to recieve a perfect score were The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for Nintendo 64, Soul Calibur, for Dreamcast, Vagrant Story, for PlayStation, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, for GameCube and Nintendogs, for Nintendo DS.

I so can't wait for this game. After playing the demo, I am so hyped up about it. It's probably the last must-have PS2 game for me this year.

ENU291
03-08-06, 07:02 PM
You'll usually get the cream of the crop at the end of a consoles life. Famitsu is well known and respected so if they gave FFXII a perfect score then it's going to be a must have title.

Mr. Hunt
03-08-06, 08:56 PM
Meh... if Nintendogs and Soul Calibur got a perfect score, clearly they smoke rocks.

|MaguS|
03-08-06, 08:57 PM
If you don't believe that Soul Calibur belongs up there then your smoking rocks...

Toss3
03-09-06, 12:45 AM
Meh... if Nintendogs and Soul Calibur got a perfect score, clearly they smoke rocks.
My thought exactly! :wtf: The score should be lower just because the game has gotten delayed so much!! I want this game so bad... :(

Parts
03-09-06, 04:41 AM
My thought exactly! :wtf: The score should be lower just because the game has gotten delayed so much!! I want this game so bad... :(

It gets a perfect score for cuteness ^_^_^_^_^_^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lfctony
03-09-06, 04:56 AM
Can't wait for it. It's been so long since 2001 and FFX, didn't enjoy FFX-2 that much. It was decent but not enough for me. :(

hazindu
03-09-06, 08:47 AM
The other five titles to recieve a perfect score were The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for Nintendo 64, Soul Calibur, for Dreamcast, Vagrant Story, for PlayStation, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, for GameCube and Nintendogs, for Nintendo DS.
Between the demo, and this quote, I'm really losing hope for ff12.

IMHO:
1. Soul Calibur was a button masher. I had friends studying strategy guides and practicing combos only to get their asses kicked by my little sister who was picking Sophitia and mashing the same button over and over again.
2. Vagrant Story had a fascinating plot that thankfully didn't revolve around saving the world from an all powerful madman, but the actuall gameplay was the worst ever from a squaresoft game.
3. I haven't played Nintendogs....
4. I haven't enjoyed the 3d Zelda games. Maybe I get too frustrated with the camera while fighting boses, maybe I'm too dumb to figure out the dungeons, maybe Windwaker's world was too big for my attention span. Minish Cap, Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, and The original Legend of Zelda are some of my favorite games, but I just never liked OoT, WW, or MM. I'll blame myself, not the Zelda games for that I guess.

Maybe I'm finally outgrowing Final Fantasy:(

|MaguS|
03-09-06, 08:52 AM
Or maybe your a nitpicker or just not a fan of the other genre's that are on the list? The Demo was amazing, the change to the gameplay was such a refreshing feeling and the graphics and style remind me alot of FF6.

I don't even know how you can say the Gameplay in VS is bad, it was amazing in my opinion. So much freedom in style of combat. As for your comment for Zelda... your too dumb to figure out the dungeons. The 3D Zelda's probably had some of the best camera work out of most 3D Action-Adventure games thanks to its complete control over it.

Oh and your friends probably sucked at SC, I whooped tons of button smashers with Voldo and Taki.

H3avyM3tal
03-09-06, 09:01 AM
I dunno about the other games, but I am glad to know that VG is indeed a respectable title in Famitsu's mind.

The story is one of the best e-v-e-r, characters are some of the best e-v-e-r, and gameplay was cool. Nah, it was also some of the best. ever.
Seriously, the game had real and I mean real challange to it the first couple of times ^^.

Can't wait for FF12 myself here, but it taking fore-v-e-r. Hurry up will ya?!

Lil Sassy
03-09-06, 10:40 PM
Or maybe your a nitpicker or just not a fan of the other genre's that are on the list? The Demo was amazing, the change to the gameplay was such a refreshing feeling and the graphics and style remind me alot of FF6. If I could just get over the absolutely wretched PS2 shimmerfest graphics, I'd be all over this one.

Shamrock
03-09-06, 10:50 PM
(w/opics)

Bad_Boy
03-10-06, 12:29 AM
If you don't believe that Soul Calibur belongs up there then your smoking rocks...
tekken >soul calibur. :D

/me puts on flame suit (nana2)

|MaguS|
03-10-06, 07:26 AM
Which tekken? I think Soul Calibur is better then Tekken 1 - 4 but Tekken 5 is probably the best Fighting Game ever.

Bad_Boy
03-10-06, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Tekken 5 of course, the other tekkens dont compare. I think power stone 1 deserves to be up there with the top fighting games ever also. But thats another story, kinda off topic :)