PDA

View Full Version : OCZ 600w Powerstream (Non-SLI) and SLI Setup??

keith33
03-08-06, 07:02 PM
With the news of the G71, I'm considering buying 2 7900 GTs instead of 1 7900 GTX, my problem is that my power supply; although having dual 12v rails and approximately 20A on each, only has one PCIe connector. Will this be a problem running 2 cards? To possibly power the secondary one off a two-molex to PCIe converter? Will it compromise stability? Any help would be appreciated?

I'm only considering SLI because those GT cards look like they run really cool and wouldn't heat up my room to power plant status.

EDIT: Also, in your opinion, what would perform better? 1 GTX or 2 GT cards? I NEED to run all my games at my native LCD resolution (1680x1050) and it really bugs my eyes when I can't. Obviously because I'm spluring on a new card(s) I'd like around 4x AA with most games.

dandano
03-08-06, 07:34 PM
Using the molex to pci-e converter won't make it unstable, but I think you need to dedicate two separate strings to the one pci-e plug.

keith33
03-08-06, 09:11 PM
Using the molex to pci-e converter won't make it unstable, but I think you need to dedicate two separate strings to the one pci-e plug.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure I have enough connectors though. Oh well, 1 card for now.