PDA

View Full Version : Will my Dell 2405 work on PS3/Xbox360? And a Blu-Ray question.

Tygerwoody
03-09-06, 12:25 PM
read title :)

I have a 57" Hitachi Rear Projection HDTV, but I don't feel right about playing games on my big screen. I'm worrying about burn in.

Right now I don't have the Xbox360 or PS3(obviously), but for future reference I wanted to know if they would work on my dell 2405.

And my Blue-Ray question is basically will I be able to view Blu-Ray movies on the PS3 on my Dell monitor considering it doesn't have HDCP?

npras42
03-09-06, 12:31 PM
1) Yes, you can use X360 on your 2405.

2)Yes, I imagine you will be able to use your PS3 on your 2405, but there is no guarantee considering they havent said anyhting about this.

3) I don't know about Blu-Ray for sure but if it wasn't possible to watch the films without HDCP then this technology will never take off. IMO HDCP is a technology that needs to be common in the TV and monitor technology before it takes over storage technology. Any other way is going to seriously hurt sales.

LurkerLito
03-09-06, 01:49 PM
Yes you can watch blue ray on your 2405 BUT you may not get the full resolution on it because it doesn't have HDCP via DVI. The player will scale down the video via the componet cables but it'll be up to the content companies if they implement the down scale protection flag code thing.

Tygerwoody
03-09-06, 02:14 PM
Yes you can watch blue ray on your 2405 BUT you may not get the full resolution on it because it doesn't have HDCP via DVI. The player will scale down the video via the componet cables but it'll be up to the content companies if they implement the down scale protection flag code thing.
yea thats what i thought. To Ebay my 2405 goes. The 2407 will be released soon. ;)