PDA

View Full Version : Official Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for X360 thread

evilchris
03-09-06, 04:03 PM
This game will sell systems, they needed this AAA game at launch. I'm blown away.

Maybe merge the GRAW impressions thread with this

brady
03-09-06, 04:33 PM
Thread theif! Kidding. This game is fantastic. I played for a while today and I've fallen in love with the tactical gamepley. It is very fun. I love shooting through walls with the sniper rifles!

GamerGuyX
03-10-06, 12:51 AM
I haven't posted in here for awhile because I've been to busy playing GRAW! Oops. Time to get back to it!

overheat
03-10-06, 05:59 AM
I just finished the single player on normal........Just awesome!!!

The last 2 level are so tense. Now its time for some multiplayer baby :)

Arioch
03-10-06, 06:33 AM
I managed to find some time to play after a long work day and managed to get through the first mission and the beginning of the second. I really like this game so far.

Danhill
03-10-06, 02:51 PM
The game was very fun to play, I was let down by the graphics howver, the walls, rocks, trees, all of these items is having low textures, and it looks like some kind of PS1 game, but the rest of the graphics is very nice.

I'm curious how IGN and Gamespot didnt mention the low texture on certain objects.

Yes I have HDTV if someone wonders.

toxikneedle
03-10-06, 05:54 PM
I think the roof level represents this game's graphics at best. That level looks AMAZING, head and shoulders above everything else.

J-Mag
03-10-06, 06:11 PM
does anyone see how they might implement the Ageia PPU effects into the PC version with this game? (it is on ageia's supported list)

Danhill
03-10-06, 06:15 PM
What level is that toxikneedle??
J-Mag,

In the credits, the logo for ageia is there on the 360.

toxikneedle
03-10-06, 07:27 PM
What level is that toxikneedle??
J-Mag,

In the credits, the logo for ageia is there on the 360.
I'm not home right now to give the exact level, but it's the one where u are on a roof and there is a M1A1 tank below u and u fight on the roofs and guide the tank down the road.

The reason I think that level showcases the graphics best is because it has extremely good lighting effects and HDR. At the same time you are in the city center and the geometerey is really good.... I dunno there were many CG looking moments for me while playing that level.

ralinn
03-10-06, 08:17 PM
I was let down by the graphics howver, the walls, rocks, trees, all of these items is having low textures, and it looks like some kind of PS1 game
err...

evilchris
03-10-06, 11:48 PM
The graphics are freaking insane. I actually have stress from playing the damn game, it's so real!

Danhill
03-11-06, 04:38 AM
err...

Like I said, certain areas are bad looking. Try to lean to a wall in the training level. Everyone must notice the walls,rocks,or trees right?? Now I'm not complaining on the whole game, I just noticed those things and it bothers me that IGN or other big sites didnt see this, the rest of the game is awesome, I cant stop playing it.

brady
03-11-06, 09:01 AM
I think it's been commonly known for a while now that the texture res on some objects and buildings are low. I thought this would not look so hot graphically, however , I think that it looks fine because of the insane amount of geometry in the game.

I think that saying the textures look like they are from a PS1 game is a little much considering the PS1 didn't do any mipmapping at all and it's ovbvious that there is at least tri-linear-mm going on in Ghost Recon. I don't think there is any aniso being applied. I havn't played a 360 game yet that looked like there was any aniso-filtering.

Anyways...This game is very fun. And I agree that the rooftop level looks amazing!

PeterJensen
03-11-06, 09:57 AM
This game rocks in MP. Been playing all day long. The weapon sounds is soooo amazing.

hordaktheman
03-11-06, 11:54 AM
does anyone see how they might implement the Ageia PPU effects into the PC version with this game? (it is on ageia's supported list)I wouldn't really count on them adding specific effects. Unless they do, it'll just offload the stress from the cpu.

PeterJensen
03-11-06, 03:19 PM
This game is sooooooooooooooooooooo nice.

Zelda_fan
03-12-06, 04:40 PM
just picked this game up today.

toxikneedle
03-12-06, 07:44 PM
My review of GRAW was just posted so if you guys wanna check it out. Also it has some exclusive Gameplay footage of MP and SP if you dont got the game:

http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php?view=article&article=1010&cat=1

Zelda_fan
03-13-06, 02:03 AM
My review of GRAW was just posted so if you guys wanna check it out. Also it has some exclusive Gameplay footage of MP and SP if you dont got the game:

http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php?view=article&article=1010&cat=1

pretty good review, and for the most part I agree with you. A few disagreements though:

Controls, while excellent and innovative, and not quite perfect. One gripe is that there are a lot of structures that you should be able to take cover behind that you cannot, and also you have to come out of cover mode to use a sniper rifle (makes no sense). Honestly it's safer to fire an automatic weapon from cover fire than to use a sniper rifle (though building piercing rounds are a nice touch).

The AI for vehicles that you command is pretty dumb. Unless you tell them exactly what to do they won't help you out worth anything.

And I think the game could use some nice cutscenes to make the storyline more intense.

But overall, a very well made game. Definitly worth the money if you have a 360, but I wouldn't call it the killer app.

toxikneedle
03-13-06, 08:03 AM
As far as AI for vehicles, I dunno if you noticed or not but its not like Brothers in Arms where u tell em where to go just like soldiers, vehicles have set path they go, u can just tell them to move forward and stop, or to stop and shoot something. You can't tell em to go right or whatever.

Zelda_fan
03-13-06, 12:48 PM
As far as AI for vehicles, I dunno if you noticed or not but its not like Brothers in Arms where u tell em where to go just like soldiers, vehicles have set path they go, u can just tell them to move forward and stop, or to stop and shoot something. You can't tell em to go right or whatever.

yeah i realized that, but honestly I don't mind that becasue the set path usually works well with the mission. However, what does irritate me is that you have to COMMAND them to take a shot at an enemy or they will just sit there and do nothing.

Still, an overall great game.

toxikneedle
03-13-06, 12:57 PM
Well yeah I agree with everyone that the AI is a little dumb at times, and although its fine on Normal, I'm sure on Hard they are constantly dropping so it must get annoying then. The reason I didn't really talk about it in my review is because it never really irritated me, I never really got pissed at any of the AI... Telling em where to shoot is a little annoying but it wasnt a big problem since most of the time ur hud will show u the location of the enemy while your behind cover, so u dont even need to stick your head out to give the order.

I dunno about you but I prefered missions where it was just me alone. But Ghost Recon is a team based game so I think for them having as many lone wolf missions as they did is a bit too much.

Zelda_fan
03-13-06, 12:59 PM
some times it's cool to have a team. I have to admit, it's damn sweet when a black hawk launches a stream of missiles and blows the hell out of a tank.

evilchris
03-13-06, 01:27 PM
some times it's cool to have a team. I have to admit, it's damn sweet when a black hawk launches a stream of missiles and blows the hell out of a tank.
Black Hawks don't carry missiles. Thank your Apache in the game =)