PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to save your nvidia game profiles?

shoman24v
03-10-06, 09:28 AM
I have a few games that I use the control panel to force some AA and AF. Every time I update my drivers my saved settings go away. Is there anyway to save these settings so that I don't have to keep setting them up when I reinstall new drivers?

saturnotaku
03-10-06, 09:38 AM
Before you do a driver install, make sure all your profiles are set up the way you want. Then find your nvapps.xml file (windows/system directory IIRC) and copy it to another directory/backup partition. Then when you download updated drivers, extract all the files using WinRAR or 7Zip (if you downloaded them from NVIDIA). Replace the nvapps.xm_ file there with the one you backed up from before. Install drivers as normal.

The only real problem with this method is that by replacing that file, you lose any newly-supported games that are available via the new drivers. If that's not a problem, go nuts. Otherwise, you may have to copy/paste your settings from your backed up file to the new nvapps. Just use MS' expand program from a command line to expand nvapps.xm_ to nvapps.xml.

OWA
03-10-06, 10:45 AM
c:\windows\system32\nvapps.xml

saturnotaku
03-10-06, 10:53 AM
Close enough. :p

Peoples-Agent
03-10-06, 10:56 AM
nHancer.... your best true friend!