PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the collecters edition (Oblivion)?

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
03-11-06, 01:50 AM
With the collecter's edition you get 4 things:

1) a cooler box
2) a gold septim coin
3) pocket guide to the empire
4) making of oblivion DVD

For $10 extra I think it's a pretty good deal so I'm getting the collecter's edition. How about you guys?

And if you aren't buying oblivion at all, I don't even care about your opinion so don't skew the poll and say "no"

jAkUp
03-11-06, 01:52 AM
The septim coin is enough for me to get the collecters :)

CaptNKILL
03-11-06, 02:18 AM
Abso-freakin-lutely :D

By the way, theres a costume contest on their site (cant rememeber where exactly) and you can win a copy of the collectors edition signed by the developers.

Sounds cool, but no, Im not entering :p

nV`andrew
03-11-06, 02:23 AM
Abso-freakin-lutely :D

By the way, theres a costume contest on their site (cant rememeber where exactly) and you can win a copy of the collectors edition signed by the developers.

Sounds cool, but no, Im not entering :p

guys hes lying. hes sewing his costume now! :p

GamerGuyX
03-11-06, 02:45 AM
Only true gamers care about the Collector's Edition. If your not a true gamer, then your a casual gamer. At which point I must eat you...

ynnek
03-11-06, 02:54 AM
If its the only DVD version out there, then I may.. I hate cd's.

demonized
03-11-06, 05:04 AM
Definitely, but im getting it for 360 since my PC may not be able to run it well (1680x1050).

Fotis
03-11-06, 05:48 AM
If its the only DVD version out there, then I may.. I hate cd's.
Don't worry cause both regular and collector versions come on DVD.

agentkay
03-11-06, 07:29 AM
Im getting the regular PC version.

Zelda_fan
03-11-06, 12:48 PM
honestly this game is probably the most I've ever seen people buy the collecters edition. 50% is amazing.

Acid Rain
03-11-06, 01:37 PM
Yes. The coin is bad ass, and said to be quite heavy and solid. Quality stuff.
I also have the peuter figureines that came with both the Morrowind pre-order and my Doom 3 pre-order. I'm a sucker for cool, limited metal trinkets. ;)

SH64
03-11-06, 05:08 PM
Hopefully i'm getting the collectors edition , Yep!

Greg
03-11-06, 07:43 PM
I accidently ordered the collectors edition because it was the same price as the standard edition and I didn't know there were two versions at the time. I ordered online from an overseas store since it is often 30% cheaper to order overseas retail products + postage than buy software in Australia.

Tygerwoody
03-11-06, 07:50 PM
collector's edition anything is just stupid. Why would I want some stupid fake gold coin to clutter up the house? I'd probably just throw it away.

gravioli
03-11-06, 08:16 PM
collector's edition anything is just stupid. Why would I want some stupid fake gold coin to clutter up the house? I'd probably just throw it away.

Agreed. IMO, the only thing that might be interesting is the pocket guide to the empire.

nrs421
03-11-06, 08:24 PM
if it's just an extra 10 bucks i'll get the collectors edition....anything more and it's not worth it

CaptNKILL
03-11-06, 08:39 PM
Oh god, not a coin! Those things are MASSSSIVE! :D

Hey at least it wont cast any shadows, right Tyger? :D

TheTaz
03-11-06, 08:55 PM
As much as I am looking forward to Oblivion and want to support the devs as much as possible.... alas, I pre-ordered the regular PC version.

I'd want a cloth map for a collector's edition, instead of a coin. (You, know... something USEFUL, that can be hung on the wall near the monitor). ;)

CaptNKILL
03-11-06, 08:59 PM
Hmm... yeah, there hasnt been any mention of a map has there? I really really liked the one in Morrowind. It helped out immensely for locating small towns and some dungeons\ship wrecks.

I hope Oblivion has one.

EDIT: w00t! I love the official forums! I asked there if there was a map and within 2 minutes I had 3 replies confirming that there IS a paper map with Oblivion. Kick ass! :D

Woodelf
03-12-06, 04:44 PM
I don't care about the extras. If the collectors ed. is all that's left, I'll pick it up.

jolle
03-12-06, 04:51 PM
I wont, but my brother will, so I dont really need to anyhow hehe..

NAZCA M12
03-12-06, 05:02 PM
I'll be def...wait a second :wtf:

(turns on the light so that he can cast a shadow)

Right, in it for the coin. Will bye the CE :D

Acid Rain
03-12-06, 05:54 PM
collector's edition anything is just stupid. Why would I want some stupid fake gold coin to clutter up the house? I'd probably just throw it away.Because it's a cool, heavy, well made piece of currency from the game. I think you actually have to be a fan of the series to think it's cool though. Face it, you're not a fan, you're a simple bandwagon jumper, in this case.

You are welcome to my opinion. :)

SH64
03-13-06, 06:32 AM
EDIT: w00t! I love the official forums! I asked there if there was a map and within 2 minutes I had 3 replies confirming that there IS a paper map with Oblivion. Kick ass! :D

Kewl!!!11

jolle
03-13-06, 06:53 AM
Why would anyone want a coin? your gonna loose it within the end of the month anyhow hehe..
The book and DVD is perhaps more interesting if anything.
Me, Im mainly in it for the game tho.