PDA

View Full Version : UPS - Complimentary Saturday....it's here!

oC|-TiTaN
03-11-06, 01:21 PM
Well, as some of you might have read in a couple other threads, I ordered two XFX 7900GTX's (the 690/1750 clocked ones) from newegg and in order to bypass the 1 per customer limit I simply placed two separate orders 2 minutes apart. Well, yesterday when I got home from class I was saddened to find only one box greeting me on my doorstep. A quick trip to UPS.com discovered that UPS had "left the package at a UPS facility causing this delay" so I'm thinking the damn thing won't come until Monday because why would they admit and try to make up for a mistake?

Guess what?! I wake up this morn...er...afternoon to find another box on my doorstep that says "Complimentary Saturday" on a bright orange label. OMG SLI goodness is minutes away!!!!

Moral of the story is UPS is superior to Fedex in my opinion because I've had several Fedex orders have delays and such and they've never made this kind of effort to get it to me.

majestic
03-11-06, 02:16 PM
Where do you live? So the next time UPS leaves a box on your doorstep, we can all check it out ;)

I never had any parcels stolen off my doorstep, but I'm still very sceptical about that practice. Signature confirmation FTW.

Marvel_us
03-11-06, 02:19 PM
Sounds great. Let us know how it goes. I'm thinking of picking up the BFG versions also.

oC|-TiTaN
03-11-06, 02:26 PM
i got the XFX versions...the BFG's in my sig are the 7800's I had before...haven't gotten around to fixing that yet ;)

BTW - I hate signature confirmation...I'm never around when they deliver so they just leave it. that's why I choose UPS over Fedex when I can. I've never had anything stolen here, I live in a nice little 4500 person town so I'm good :) Plus I'm on a main road so if someone stole something someone would see them.

Marvel_us
03-11-06, 02:34 PM
Oooops. Yea I missed that. Well let us know how it goes anyway lol.

Yea sig confirmation sucks sometimes. The only reason UPS has sig confirmation is if you live in a "bad" neighborhood. They have codes that let them know if they should leave the package or not.

Saintster
03-12-06, 01:15 AM
Oooops. Yea I missed that. Well let us know how it goes anyway lol.

Yea sig confirmation sucks sometimes. The only reason UPS has sig confirmation is if you live in a "bad" neighborhood. They have codes that let them know if they should leave the package or not.

It's not that they have codes (I'm a UPS driver myself) it's common sense and left up to the driver as to where he can driver release a parcel. Small towns are generally safe but not always. Drivers get to know their customers and the areas they live in. Apartments can be bad. Anyways i always use UPS:D

snowmanwithahat
03-12-06, 01:27 AM
yeh, i believe that UPS is superior, when i ordered my 6800 GT i used Fedex, and somehow they got the home address wrong from newegg, and it caused it to be delayed about 3 days, that's 3 days of using a geforce fx 5200 instead of using my brand new 6800 GT, however with UPS it was fine, i actually got my new 2x512mb kit a day before it was due in, 2 days service for the price of 3day (ordered it last week). My monitor came in a day later, in perfect condition.... gotta love widescreen monitor goodness