PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 sound from an XBox 360?

PaiN
03-12-06, 05:46 AM
I've never seen the connector (vid or aud) on the XBox 360. I have a set of Logitech z-5300a (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9586)'s, its only connector is the green\black\gold 1\8th plugs for PC sound cards. Logi's web site said, these speakers can be connected to about any game console and the set came with a small connector with a: green 1\8th plug(spearker end), on the other end one red and one white male RCA plug for console output.
Anyone know if and how I can connect these to a 360?
thanks

PaiN
03-12-06, 06:33 AM
..nvm, I've got it figured out. (sorry, never planned to run a console before..hehe)
I'm also hooking up to my 2005FPW, once I saw the output cable from the 360 it all came clear :thinker: ..the 360's vid and aud output are on the same line
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/F1EA189B-D507-4693-82F1-1C0384C7D435/0/packagingxbox360VGAHDcable.jpg ...connect the red & white to the red and white on the output cable, the green to the green speaker line, then up mix to 5.1 with the 5300's 3D Matrix function

Buenamos
03-12-06, 11:04 AM
Just so you know, after connecting to my 2005fpw, it looks great but there is a slight lag. It's more noticeable in shooters like GRAW or halo, but I thought I would let you know before you went out and bought it. I'm connecting through the DVI cable too BTW.

toxikneedle
03-12-06, 03:06 PM
Just so you know, after connecting to my 2005fpw, it looks great but there is a slight lag. It's more noticeable in shooters like GRAW or halo, but I thought I would let you know before you went out and bought it. I'm connecting through the DVI cable too BTW.
I play on my 2005fpw and I have absolutely 0 lag, I have no clue what you're talking about.... I doubt there's a point in using DVI though, plugging it into to the standard VGA slot would give you the same results.

What resolution do you use?

GamerGuyX
03-12-06, 03:10 PM
...connect the red & white to the red and white on the output cable, the green to the green speaker line, then up mix to 5.1 with the 5300's 3D Matrix function

Yes but using that method will not give you true Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

Ruined
03-12-06, 03:24 PM
Yes but using that method will not give you true Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

That speaker system doesn't seem to accept DD5.1 - it just makes fake 5.1 with a stereo matrix (a la Prologic).

Buenamos
03-12-06, 04:33 PM
I play on my 2005fpw and I have absolutely 0 lag, I have no clue what you're talking about.... I doubt there's a point in using DVI though, plugging it into to the standard VGA slot would give you the same results.

What resolution do you use?

I meant the VGA cord, that's wierd that I would experience lag though. hmmm, just try playing a little multiplayer and then switching back to a normal tv, it definitely feels more responsive to me.

GamerGuyX
03-12-06, 04:55 PM
That speaker system doesn't seem to accept DD5.1 - it just makes fake 5.1 with a stereo matrix (a la Prologic).

I know that. I'm just making sure he understands that.

toxikneedle
03-12-06, 04:56 PM
Yeah I dunno cuz I have been playing GRAW Mp since it came out and all the other games never had any lag issues. I even had it hooked up through RCA cables to the dell and that was the same with no lag, only looked worst.... But then again I never really played a 360 on a tv so i dont know if its really more responsive or not...

PaiN
03-12-06, 05:37 PM
I wish there was a way to connect the black and gold plugs....but its seems I'm stuck since green\black\gold are the only input conections to this speaker set....if it sounds like crap, I'll just have to sell and get something that works with it.

Edge
03-12-06, 05:42 PM
I was kinda disappointed that they didn't put an Optic Audio Output onto the console instead of having it dependant on the A/V cable you use. The PS2 was nice in the way that you could have it hooked up through composite, s-video, component, hell even RF, and still hook it up to a Dolby Digital reciever to get surround sound. Of course, the true irony was that so few games on the PS2 supported surround sound, while every Xbox (and Xbox 360) game does.

Zelda_fan
03-12-06, 07:57 PM
I have the answer to your prayers

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=3752643&CartID=done&nextloc=

PaiN
03-13-06, 10:53 AM
I have the answer to your prayers

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=3752643&CartID=done&nextloc=

:D ...a huge TX Zelda, that is an awesome find....I'm ordering one as soon as I get home form work. I owe you on this one ;)

Zelda_fan
03-13-06, 11:46 AM
:D ...a huge TX Zelda, that is an awesome find....I'm ordering one as soon as I get home form work. I owe you on this one ;)

I currently have the exact same speaker system so until I get the money for my home theatre speakers, I am in your delima.

Zelda_fan
03-13-06, 11:47 AM
and actually I'd order it straight from logitech. Nothing against mwave, I just trust logitech more w/ my credit card information.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10036