PDA

View Full Version : latest PCgamer :RTW -new expansion- and MTW2

Nv40
03-13-06, 06:19 AM
ANyone have the magazine?

I would love to know what is new in the new RTW expansion,based on ALexander campaing. (nana2)

There are new scans already around.. about Alexander total war and MEdieval2 new game.

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=799.topic

|MaguS|
03-13-06, 06:45 AM
The latest PC Gamer (April) is about MMORPGS... I just bought it yesterday.

nekrosoft13
03-13-06, 07:33 AM
The latest PC Gamer (April) is about MMORPGS... I just bought it yesterday.

i had that magazine for about a month now

subscribers always get magazines way faster then stores do

superklye
03-13-06, 08:39 AM
Yeah, it used to arrive around the 10th of the month, but I was home this weekend and it wasn't there yet. :(

Nv40
03-13-06, 11:01 AM
I was wrong ,the magazine is PCzone (UK).

new info.. about the expansion

Just had PC Zone (UK) drop through the door. It's not out till Thur 2 Mar in the shops but as a subscriber I get it a few days before usually).
On pages 26-27 there is a new RTW expansion - Alexander.
It is out at the end of March as a download, no price details given.
The details are sparse, with most focus on Brian Blessed (British actor, played Vulcan, King of the Hawkmen, in 1980s movie of Flash Gordon - "diiiiivvvveeee!") doing the voice acting. He is very comlimentary about the script for the game.
No game features are mentioned, just the bare bones re:
1. Campaign game: from death of Philip II of Macedon (363 BC) to death of Alexander.
2. 6 new historical battles based on Alexander's most momentous conflicts (available for MP battle too)
3. 40 hours of gameplay estimated
4. 4 new factions - Alexander's Macedonains; Persians; Indians; Barbarians
5. 50+ new units, inc. Theban Sacred Band, Indian elephants, Persian Immortals, Indian naked women archers (honest!)
6. Screenshots - 5 shown, all standard RTW fare, with phalanxes and cavalry galore, though one shot has a city in the background and the walls look "new" in design and style.
That's it for now.

unfortunately it looks like download only.. no hardcopy CD/DVD or manuals .

the way i read it ,is that CReative Assembly (Auzzie) is working the new Medieval II TW game using an upgrade engine , while the (UK) studio is doing another expansion to the original RTW based on ALexander's conquest.

Gentle
03-13-06, 02:10 PM
Unabbreviated this means what?

"latest PCgamer :RTW -new expansion- and MTW2"

Gentle