PDA

View Full Version : Razer Copperhead cold boot problem?

Roliath
03-13-06, 08:24 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with the copperhead not being reckognized by windows from a cold boot? I shut down my computer at night when I go to sleep, and when I go to turn it on in the morning my razer is always "stuck" and not reckognized by windows. To solve this I have to unplug it and plug it back in and this is getting really freaking annoying, I have the latest drivers and firmware from the Razer Website. This is a great mouse, but i'm thinking about moving to Logitech if this problem persist.

This is pissing me off, to say the least.

ENU291
03-13-06, 08:33 PM
This is a nagging problem with Razor mice. Go to your device manager then to Universal Serial Bus controllers. In there find all the "USB Root Hub" items. In the USB Root Hub Properties go to Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Do this to all the USB Root Hub items on the list. After that reboot and the cold boot issue should be resolved.

Roliath
03-13-06, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the fast response.

I'll try what you said, and see if that fixes this problem.

|MaguS|
03-13-06, 08:48 PM
Thanks aswell, I have been having this problem also. Pretty crappy when you consider that none of my Logitech Mice ever had such an issue.

jAkUp
03-13-06, 08:57 PM
I had that problem, but the latest firmware from Razer Blueprints 100% fixed it for me.

|MaguS|
03-13-06, 09:13 PM
Im scared to do the Fireware updates... its a weird process thats just weird...

Roliath
03-13-06, 10:58 PM
The firmware update was supposed to fix the cold boot problem but I was still
having it.

jAkUp
03-13-06, 11:10 PM
im not talking about the one from razer, I'm talking about the latest beta bios. 6.17i

That one has the cold boot fix for nforce4 chipsets

This one:
http://razerblueprints.net/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=30&Itemid=46