PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever purchase "refurbished" items

Saintster
03-15-06, 10:34 AM
I was looking at the Asus SLI premium mobo for my sons new rig. i saw the premium refurbished. Is a refurbished a previuosly owned then returned item? Anyone have good or bad luck or think it's not the greatest idea to purchase hardware thats refurbished. Thanks

Peoples-Agent
03-15-06, 11:02 AM
Sometimes they are repaired, personally I wouldn't touch a motherboard thats refurbed with a barge pole.

Saintster
03-15-06, 11:09 AM
that's what I thought. with all of the cash i've spent lately it would be foolish to skimp on a mobo for a 60.00 difference.

Superfly
03-15-06, 11:20 AM
yeh not a MoBo - maybe other less critical hardware....

Daydre@m
03-15-06, 11:24 AM
Well I purchased one from newegg, an Asus 6600 Vanilla AGP and it works awesome. I guess its more of a luck, I was also scared to buy it but they were giving warrenty for it for 15 days so I just stepped forward and purchased it. Also I was tight on budget and 89$ for 6600Vanilla AGP with Sm 3.0 and a fully functional video engine was worth the price.

So yeah If your tight on budget then try it but if you have money then I would say better to be on safe side. And oh yeah dont take risk on motherboards since its like the base of all system as people-agent said.

wheeljack12
03-15-06, 11:46 AM
my big 22' crt monitors I have had from the past (2 of them) were refurbs/open box. The nec 22' was one of the best monitors I ever had, came with a 1 year warranty too of being refurb. Mind you, It had a dent on the lower right side of the stand so I had to raise it a little with napkins. The second one of a viewsonic was also good. So, I can't say that refurb/open box has been a bad experience for me yet.

Rakeesh
03-15-06, 10:31 PM
I'll purchase refurbished items so long as there is a discount attached to it, and a decent warranty is left intact.

einstein_314
03-16-06, 01:08 AM
Personally, I won't touch refurbished items. It just doesn't feel right owning something that I know was broken but is now fixed. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'd just rather buy it new I guess.