PDA

View Full Version : Viva Piņata

LiquidX
03-15-06, 11:46 AM
This is MS new game from Rare. They say MS is banking on this being as big as Pokemon. It will have its own cartoon and toy tie-ins. It looks very colorful and appealing atleast to kids. I can see a this being big and my money is on that this game will draw in the Japanese in big time.

They now have it up on there site. Looks very interesting.
http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/pinata/

Zelda_fan
03-15-06, 12:34 PM
Microsoft needs to quit ripping off ideas from other franchises and make some unique franchises of thier own. If this is just a pokemon rip, that will be a little irritating.

LiquidX
03-15-06, 01:28 PM
Microsoft needs to quit ripping off ideas from other franchises and make some unique franchises of thier own. If this is just a pokemon rip, that will be a little irritating.

I have never seen a Piņata game and these seems very unique to me. And I dont think there copying Pokemon but hoping it will be as successful as Pokemon that brings in billions a year for Nintendo with the cartoon, movies, toys and games.

S.I.N
03-15-06, 05:27 PM
Looks gay.:o

JamesDax
03-15-06, 05:38 PM
Pokeman is pretty gay too. But it makes money for Nintendo. And thats point here isn't it?

saturnotaku
03-17-06, 05:32 AM
Pokeman is pretty gay too. But it makes money for Nintendo. And thats point here isn't it?

At least there's someone here who understands why Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are in business.

Here's a hint to everyone else: It's not to make gamers happy.

kev13dd
03-18-06, 01:28 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060317.jpg

K

Ruined
03-18-06, 11:47 AM

Last time I checked there weren't any other games featuring Pinatas.

But yes, this may take away from Nintendo's marketshare.

Ninja Prime
03-18-06, 09:56 PM
What the hell is this crap? What happened to MY Rare? *pours fourty on the curb for Perfect Dark and Goldeneye* :(

Rakeesh
03-19-06, 02:40 AM
Hmm...that looks pretty gay.

muaddib
03-20-06, 10:24 AM
It was meant for kids.
It looks pretty cute, BTW :p

Acid Rain
03-20-06, 03:27 PM
What the hell is this crap? What happened to MY Rare? :(They released two of the best launch games for the 360 in the form of Kameo (now that's Rare of old) and Perfect Dark Zero. They are still very much what they were when they single handedly carried the N64.

I foresee this Pinata game being very popular and very well done. Kids'll probably gobble it up like Pokemon.