PDA

View Full Version : More Oblivion XBOX screens

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
03-15-06, 04:03 PM
wow, i mean I have to say, Oblivion is REALLY gonna suck graphically on the XBOX. I mean just look at this shi0t screen. No way is this next gen.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5127/obx16fg.jpg

Clearly, you can see that the draw distance for the foliage is going to suck for the xbox. I mean just look at this crap:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9133/obx26pw.jpg

Look at this crappy low-res elf model. What a disgrace.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/803/obx39xa.jpg

And here is the worst of them all! WTF is up with all the jaggies and low res textures on screen? Clearly, the XBOX 360 dosen't do AA or anisotrpic filtering. And don't even get me started about that awful display of parallax mapping.
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/7954/obx46fx.jpg

You know guys, I'm really starting to regret my XBOX 360 purchase decision. I mean, if this is an indication of how pitiful the graphics will be, I think I'm gonna go get a refund.

LOL NOT!

Saintster
03-15-06, 04:35 PM
Shoot I just buy em all. My XBox 360 will be here tomorrow. I love console gaming it's where I started. The Xbox 360 will kick arse. The only way to go is with a big arse 55-60' hdtv though!

Badboy_12345
03-15-06, 04:43 PM
so all of u are sarcastic right? :|

Zelda_fan
03-15-06, 04:46 PM
so all of u are sarcastic right? :|

of course. Those graphics are the best I've ever seen in any game period. I was just poking a little fun at the people saying that the XBOX 360 version will be a "disgrace."

|MaguS|
03-15-06, 04:53 PM
From what I have seen, GRAW has far better graphics then these... different gameplay though but on a technical level I think GRAW on the x360 looks better.

Buenamos
03-15-06, 05:02 PM
Great, a thread created by Zelda_fan and accompanied by evilchris to start another argument on how they love the xbox360. Guys, we don't need to cover this again, just post a thread showing the screenshots. You guys are no better than the guys ranting about how much better the pc version is. I love my xbox360 too but this is getting ridiculous. :|

gmontem
03-15-06, 05:16 PM
"Next gen" draw distance for foliage IMO should include more than just trees. I don't like how the grass and little plants several blocks away are not drawn until you're close to them. This can be observed in that "ONE WEEK TO GO" video as the camera moves down the hill.

GamerGuyX
03-15-06, 05:17 PM
Great, a thread created by Zelda_fan and accompanied by evilchris to start another argument on how they love the xbox360. Guys, we don't need to cover this again, just post a thread showing the screenshots. You guys are no better than the guys ranting about how much better the pc version is. I love my xbox360 too but this is getting ridiculous. :|

The only thing me, Zelda_fan, and evilchris do is equal everything out between consoles and PC's. If we didn't say anything the PC fanboys/snobs would still be talking **** with the only difference being them talking **** unopposed. Which is BS seeing as how consoles are just as good as PC's when it comes to gaming and even are better than PC's on certain things.

Buenamos
03-15-06, 05:20 PM
The only thing me, Zelda_fan, and evilchris do is equal everything out between consoles and PC's. If we didn't say anything the PC fanboys/snobs would still be talking **** with the only difference being them talking **** unopposed. Which is BS seeing as how consoles are just as good as PC's when it comes to gaming and even are better than PC's on certain things.

That's not the point, there is already a thread containing this argument. POST THERE!

|MaguS|
03-15-06, 05:23 PM
Who are you again? Oh yeah that's right, your nobody.

And your somebody? Let me guess... you have a bigger post count then he does, which means your more important?

Grow up...

Buenamos
03-15-06, 05:25 PM
Who are you again? Oh yeah that's right, your nobody.

....that's your response? Well, we obviously know who won this debate. Furthermore, I will no longer respond to this thread. If you guys want to continue discussion about this, the oblivion debate is over here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65786

Nutty
03-15-06, 07:16 PM
What, has everyone suddenly got their period this week or something ? The amount of bickering going on around here is unbelievable! Lets all breathe, have some chocolate for the PMT, and chill! :)

Treason
03-15-06, 07:54 PM
These screenshots give more incentive to purchase a XBox360 rather than a nVidia 7900GTX 256 mb + associated CPU upgrade to play Oblivion... :(

Zelda_fan
03-15-06, 07:56 PM
These screenshots give more incentive to purchase a XBox360 rather than a nVidia 7900GTX 256 mb + associated CPU upgrade to play Oblivion... :(

Think of it this way. You can spend $400 + $15 (vga cable) for Oblivion, or you can spend $1000 for a new Video Card, CPU, and Mobo.

evilchris
03-15-06, 07:58 PM
....that's your response? Well, we obviously know who won this debate. Furthermore, I will no longer respond to this thread. If you guys want to continue discussion about this, the oblivion debate is over here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65786

that thread is closed

GamerGuyX
03-15-06, 08:18 PM
Think of it this way. You can spend $400 + $15 (vga cable) for Oblivion, or you can spend $1000 for a new Video Card, CPU, and Mobo.

You know what's next don't ya?

Some PC fanboy is going to come in here and tell you that "HDTV's are needed to truely enjoy the 360 which makes everything just as expensive as having to buy a new PC".

If the person was smart though, they would realize that they should compare the cost of an HDTV to the cost of a PC monitor and not to the PC itself (the price of the 360 should be compared to a PC with close specs to the 360 itself).

If you realize it even then, console gamers are still saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

Nutty
03-15-06, 08:21 PM
Yay more xbox v pc oblivion arguments. Just what I wanted.

Looks bloody good tho.. Cant wait to play this game. Trust it to be crunch time at work when Oblivion hit the stores.. damnit!

GamerGuyX
03-15-06, 08:31 PM
Looks bloody good tho.. Cant wait to play this game. Trust it to be crunch time at work when Oblivion hit the stores.. damnit!

I swear, I'm dedicating the first day I get Oblivion just for character creation. I am bound and determined to make the perfect character and see what kind of combinations I can make. :D

Nutty
03-15-06, 08:48 PM
I like barbarians.. I used to love my Warhammer of Wounds from Morrowind..

*creep creep creep* *SMACK* on the head.. out in one :D

Zelda_fan
03-15-06, 08:59 PM
I like barbarians.. I used to love my Warhammer of Wounds from Morrowind..

*creep creep creep* *SMACK* on the head.. out in one :D

you are gonna LOVE the havok physics they implemented. If you hit someone with a warhammer, they FLY BACK like they've been hit with a warhammer. Throw a fireball launching rod into the mix, and you've got some very fun situations.

(btw this should be transfered into the Oblivion section of the forum)

a12ctic
03-15-06, 09:32 PM
this game looks so good i might need to install windows for a few days :(

slick
03-15-06, 11:01 PM
The horror.

evilchris
03-16-06, 02:50 AM
this game looks so good i might need to install windows for a few days :(

Or just get an X360 if that will be easier on your soul than running Windows.

Mr. Hunt
03-16-06, 02:58 AM
The best part is that you are trying to be sarcastic... and yet you are right on with every picture.

GamerGuyX
03-16-06, 03:36 AM
The best part is that you are trying to be sarcastic... and yet you are right on with every picture.

Actually I thought the best part is where he was being sarcastic and in the end, the game ended up being absolutely beautiful just like the screenshots showed.

Ah... I watch that part over and over again.