PDA

View Full Version : What are some fun/graphical games to test my new 7900GTX

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
03-15-06, 03:53 PM
I just got my 7900GTX and I'm looking for some games that are not only fun, but also look good as well. As of right now the only game I have been playing is the Swat 4 expansion(which rocks btw).

So anyway, what are some games for me to try out?

Games I have played on it:

Swat 4
FEAR
Quake 4
Serious Sam 2

evilchris
03-15-06, 03:57 PM
Condemned is awesome. it should almost be on the shelves.

jAkUp
03-15-06, 04:09 PM
COD2? And OBLIVION!

CaptNKILL
03-15-06, 04:18 PM
I just tried running 3dmark2001SE to see if I could hit 40k, but it crashes at the end of the last test. Its not a system issue (system is finally pretty stable), it seems like its a driver problem.

Its too bad... I hit 400fps in the Nature benchmark :rofl

Sazar
03-15-06, 04:22 PM
I always like stressing out new video cards by playing a bruising game of solitaire with everything maxed.

a12ctic
03-15-06, 04:28 PM
I always like stressing out new video cards by playing a bruising game of solitaire with everything maxed.
LOL Ya right :p

CaptNKILL
03-15-06, 04:28 PM
Yeah when those cards start flying around at the end of the game, the framerates drop real fast. I think I got down to like 12,000fps one time.

SH64
03-15-06, 04:48 PM
X3 .. & soon Oblivion!

|MaguS|
03-15-06, 04:50 PM
X3, Can also try FarCry, COD2, and Chaos Theory.

Smokey
03-15-06, 04:54 PM
I still love playing NFS:Most Wanted, and think it looks great.

Sazar
03-15-06, 04:57 PM
Agreed, NFS:MW is pretty good looking. You can try out your HDR with it :cool:

agentkay
03-15-06, 04:58 PM
I was always wondering about one thing (and mentioned it a few times), can you run SuperSampling AA (force it in the CP) with 3dmark06, or Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (with HDR) or any other game that uses FP16 HDR on the 7-series cards? I know it canīt do MSAA but SSAA should work, shouldnīt it?

OWA
03-15-06, 05:33 PM
Yeah, try the X3 demo even if you just run the rolling demo/benchmark. It looks impressive. Another vote for SCCT. I think the UberSolidier demo looks nice also. Playing Quake 4 and Doom 3 with tertsi's mod is also really good.

Mr_LoL
03-15-06, 05:37 PM
Who has played the new toca race driver game? The graphics on that looked pretty decent.

Tygerwoody
03-15-06, 05:41 PM
lmao... i completely forgot I had Call of Duty 2... I think I'll install that. I installed Farcry earlier, i just never got around to playing it. I think I might beat that again too. Thanks for the refers guys!

I don't have Splinter Cell Chaos theory... is that worth buying? It seems like a new Splinter cell game comes out every month. Is another in the works?

agentkay
03-15-06, 05:52 PM
I played Toca 3. The graphics are not bad, nice car reflections, a little overbright/fake HDR, and decent car models. However, its nothing like the (photoshoped) screenshots.

Itīs not a bad game, and a little more into a the sim direction. You definitly canīt crash or drive overly aggressive like in Toca2, and even minor shortcuts result in a warning, after the 3rd time +5sec penalty, and finally complete disqualification.

I did HATE the AI drivers, they love to crash in your ass and flip you around cop style.... assholes. lol It doesnīt have a story anymore, just a few rather boring CG clips with your "mentor". The game has more cars and racing series though.

The damage systen is alright, but again not like the screenshots suggested at first. The physics are semi-arcarde-sim and there are 3 (sim) settings that can be enabled/disabled. Itīs definitly not challenging for people who like true sim racers like GTL, GTR, LFS, Rfactor etc, but people who can enjoy both types (arcarde and sim), will like Toca 3 driving phyics.

Iīd rate the game with a 7-7.5/10

P.S. Sorry for OT. :D Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is definitly worth buying, but yes another one is in the works and to be released in Q3 this year.

Mr_LoL
03-15-06, 06:23 PM
I played Toca 3. The graphics are not bad, nice car reflections, a little overbright/fake HDR, and decent car models. However, its nothing like the (photoshoped) screenshots.

Itīs not a bad game, and a little more into a the sim direction. You definitly canīt crash or drive overly aggressive like in Toca2, and even minor shortcuts result in a warning, after the 3rd time +5sec penalty, and finally complete disqualification.

I did HATE the AI drivers, they love to crash in your ass and flip you around cop style.... assholes. lol It doesnīt have a story anymore, just a few rather boring CG clips with your "mentor". The game has more cars and racing series though.

The damage systen is alright, but again not like the screenshots suggested at first. The physics are semi-arcarde-sim and there are 3 (sim) settings that can be enabled/disabled. Itīs definitly not challenging for people who like true sim racers like GTL, GTR, LFS, Rfactor etc, but people who can enjoy both types (arcarde and sim), will like Toca 3 driving phyics.

Iīd rate the game with a 7-7.5/10

P.S. Sorry for OT. :D Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is definitly worth buying, but yes another one is in the works and to be released in Q3 this year.

Thanks for the reply. I thought this game would give the 7900gtx a good workout but that doesnt seem to be the case. :(

agentkay
03-15-06, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought this game would give the 7900gtx a good workout but that doesnt seem to be the case. :(

Definitly not, smooth as silk around 99% of all time, maxxed out at 1280x960 and with 16AF/2AA on my grandma rig.

Marvel_us
03-15-06, 07:00 PM
NFSMW gives the GTX a nice workout @ 1600x1200.

IMO splinter cell:CT is a game worth buying. Pick it up if you the cash.

de><ta
03-15-06, 08:04 PM
BF2, BF2:SF
Spilenter Cell :CT

GitDat
03-15-06, 08:06 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/gitdat/Miscellaneous/Kong-Rex.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/gitdat/Miscellaneous/Kong-Fly.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/gitdat/Miscellaneous/KingKong82006-02-0323-19-37-79.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/gitdat/Miscellaneous/KingKong82006-02-0816-14-56-54.jpg

King Kong: Gamers' Edition will bring it to it's KNEES :D hehe

dandano
03-15-06, 08:19 PM
Agreed, NFS:MW is pretty good looking. You can try out your HDR with it :cool:

Actually, it isn't HDR, they just use overbright. :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
03-15-06, 08:20 PM
Don't even bother with that king kong game.. man, talk about a system HOG.

surfhurleydude
03-15-06, 08:23 PM
Chalk up another one for Call of Duty 2 :)

It has so much action in it and is so beautiful that my mind has gone blank amidst holding down the trigger and plowing down germans, and thinking to myself "damn this looks like a moving oil painting". It really looks quite amazing.

jAkUp
03-15-06, 08:24 PM
Yea, but it needs ragdolls :(