PDA

View Full Version : German Oblivion screenshot with fraps running

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaptNKILL
03-16-06, 12:02 PM
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/Oblivion_Bild_des_Tages.JPG

Not sure of the specs they are using, but in the upper left corner you can see Fraps reporting 21fps.

Doesnt really mean much since we know nothing about the system or the graphics settings though. Hes using a pretty cheapo monitor, so something tells me we arent looking at the performance of a quad SLI system :p

And, maybe Im wierd but of all the things I could have noticed when I first looked at that picture, the first thing I thought was "man, what the hell is wrong with that guy's head?" :rofl

Mr Fujisawa
03-16-06, 12:18 PM
i cant make out the number at all :o and he could have a load of things turned down, or be like some ppl i know and have ninja pcs but ****e monitors, or the keyboard/monitor was provided by the lan

tieros
03-16-06, 12:23 PM
So now we know where old, burned-out monitors go to die :D

CaptNKILL
03-16-06, 12:34 PM
i cant make out the number at all :o
Did you click the picture to zoom in? Its enormous... like 3000x2000 :p

DansFace
03-16-06, 12:53 PM
Link (http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=457821)

A rough translation

"The impressing diagram of Oblivion to hit a corner since Monday not only our play experts but the entire PG Games hardware crew. Still no game of roles looked so realistic. After a first technical analysis however the initial euphoria put, because the opulente optics demands its tribute. We rarely tested a play with such high hardware requirements: For all details in a dissolution of 1.280x1.024 the player needs a High end system with mindesten 3.8 GHz, a GByte RAM and a Geforce 7800 GTX. Many current play PCS will probably not be able to withstand this hardware hunger, so that the fans of the title must rig or tunen their system. Which they should consider thereby and which the ideal hardware are, over it we will inform you in our Tuning Special in the next expenditure."

Tygerwoody
03-16-06, 01:04 PM
Link (http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=457821)

A rough translation

"The impressing diagram of Oblivion to hit a corner since Monday not only our play experts but the entire PG Games hardware crew. Still no game of roles looked so realistic. After a first technical analysis however the initial euphoria put, because the opulente optics demands its tribute. We rarely tested a play with such high hardware requirements: For all details in a dissolution of 1.280x1.024 the player needs a High end system with mindesten 3.8 GHz, a GByte RAM and a Geforce 7800 GTX. Many current play PCS will probably not be able to withstand this hardware hunger, so that the fans of the title must rig or tunen their system. Which they should consider thereby and which the ideal hardware are, over it we will inform you in our Tuning Special in the next expenditure."
As long as I can run the game at full details at 1600x1200 4af I will be happy. :D

CaptNKILL
03-16-06, 01:09 PM
Id be happy with smooth framerates at 1280x960, 8xAF with everything maxed. I think thatl be possible.

FraGTastiK
03-16-06, 01:11 PM
As long as I can run the game at full details at 1600x1200 4af I will be happy. :D

4xAF is going to suck with this game imo.many deep scenes all over the entire game.I would say 8xAF for me and I'll be happy.

Tygerwoody
03-16-06, 01:17 PM
4xAF is going to suck with this game imo.many deep scenes all over the entire game.I would say 8xAF for me and I'll be happy.
of course I would like 8af, but if i can get 4af I'd be happy. Then again I'd be VERY happy to get 1920x1200(or even 1440!) with 4aa and 16AF.... But I doubt that will happen :p

FraGTastiK
03-16-06, 01:20 PM
of course I would like 8af, but if i can get 4af I'd be happy. Then again I'd be VERY happy to get 1920x1200(or even 1440!) with 4aa and 16AF.... But I doubt that will happen :p

SLI is calling your name. :D

Tygerwoody
03-16-06, 01:25 PM
SLI is calling your name. :D
don't make me do it.... don't....

CaptNKILL
03-16-06, 01:30 PM
don't make me do it.... don't....
S......

L.......

I.......

:D

J-Mag
03-16-06, 01:42 PM
And someone was giving me crap about ordering new cards for this game... Of corse it is gunna thrash most systems out there...

It is hard to tell but it does look like the freakyheaded german dude is using AA, I don't see any jaggies...

FraGTastiK
03-16-06, 02:22 PM
And someone was giving me crap about ordering new cards for this game... Of corse it is gunna thrash most systems out there...

It is hard to tell but it does look like the freakyheaded german dude is using AA, I don't see any jaggies...

Yea that lucky B.He sure had either just moved in to his new place or was in a Lanparty the Titty oops sorry Tt Armor case on the picture has its box sitting next to it.

Acid Rain
03-16-06, 02:58 PM
It also looks like he's got the grass draw distance at a very low setting, or there isn't much grass in the scene anyway. Regardless, that machine isn't chewing through much grass, yet he's in the very low 20s. Hmm...

Subtestube
03-16-06, 02:59 PM
Face the might of my 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 (at 2.7) and 128 MB vanilla 6800! Feel the rage of my 1.5 Gigabytes of Ram running at just over 300 MHz! Surely my rig will be able to cope with this game with all details maxed at 1024 x 768!?!

j/k. Personally, I'll be happy if I can play it at all with detail stuff set to low. Hope you all enjoy those craaaazy visuals - but spare a thought for those of us that must go without!

jnd3
03-16-06, 03:20 PM
Face the might of my 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 (at 2.7) and 128 MB vanilla 6800! Feel the rage of my 1.5 Gigabytes of Ram running at just over 300 MHz! Surely my rig will be able to cope with this game with all details maxed at 1024 x 768!?!

j/k. Personally, I'll be happy if I can play it at all with detail stuff set to low. Hope you all enjoy those craaaazy visuals - but spare a thought for those of us that must go without!
Too funny, that's exactly why I'm pondering the leap to the Xbox360! (See specs in the sig -- it's not exactly a screaming machine. I don't even know if the overclocked AthlonXP would cut it for the minimum CPU specs for the game, mine being just a shade over 2GHz.)

Tygerwoody
03-16-06, 03:26 PM
Too funny, that's exactly why I'm pondering the leap to the Xbox360! (See specs in the sig -- it's not exactly a screaming machine. I don't even know if the overclocked AthlonXP would cut it for the minimum CPU specs for the game, mine being just a shade over 2GHz.)
you'll be able to run the game at low specs. For some reason I have a feeling that low end PC's wont have as bad a time running low settings as we think.

Still, if I were in your shoes and had the money for an Xbox360 I would probably do that. I upgraded everything in my PC for Oblivion, however I was able to make quite a bit of the money back by selling my old parts. My total cost of upgrade was $400-$450 after selling everything. Thats not bad at all coming from an old P4 3.2 and a 6800GT to what I have now ;)

SH64
03-16-06, 05:01 PM
21fps is low , but fortunately you dont need high fps in RPGs as you need in FPS games.
i think 25fps+ would be OK for me to play.

BTW that guy is a lucky bastid!! :cry:

agentkay
03-16-06, 05:08 PM
Could be a preview version for reviewers.

Subtestube
03-16-06, 07:16 PM
you'll be able to run the game at low specs. For some reason I have a feeling that low end PC's wont have as bad a time running low settings as we think.

Still, if I were in your shoes and had the money for an Xbox360 I would probably do that. I upgraded everything in my PC for Oblivion, however I was able to make quite a bit of the money back by selling my old parts. My total cost of upgrade was $400-$450 after selling everything. Thats not bad at all coming from an old P4 3.2 and a 6800GT to what I have now ;)

Hehe - yeah... I kind of agree... 'cept, I'm holding out for mods, and there's a good chance I'm building a new PC in the midyear (post-Conroe - even if it's not as good for the money, it'll drop the price on everything else) anyhow. I just can't justify the expense of a 360 for one or two games! Maybe when the price has it's first drop....

agentkay
03-16-06, 07:25 PM
I wonder with what ingame settings people can play if they meet (minus CPU) the recommended specs? FEAR has quite similar recommended specs and I played it almost maxxed out (soft-shadows off, volumetric lights desity@medium) at 1280x960 with 8AF/0AA. I know Oblivion is a different type of game but I still wonder how it will perform.

boxleitnerb
03-17-06, 01:40 AM
That guy is working for a german games magazine and the game was running on a single-core A64 3800+.
So I assume it could be that dualcore would run the game above the 25fps barrier. And as you can see, the screen shows quite a far view - also a stress on the cpu. I think 21fps is kind of an extreme situation, so I wouldn't be worried.

CaptNKILL
03-17-06, 01:55 AM
That guy is working for a german games magazine and the game was running on a single-core A64 3800+.
So I assume it could be that dualcore would run the game above the 25fps barrier. And as you can see, the screen shows quite a far view - also a stress on the cpu. I think 21fps is kind of an extreme situation, so I wouldn't be worried.
I dont think the game will be very CPU limited, especially not to the point where it will run that slowly. In general, your CPU will determine your upper framerate limit. Only in extreme cases with excessive amounts of physics or ai calculations will any decent CPU cause your framerate to be that low. For example, I ran the speedtree Pangea demo last night with the draw distance out to 2-3 miles with the grass popup distance at probably a half a mile (rediculous, heh... mostly just a stress test) and it ran just as slowly with Prime95 going in the background as it did without it. The CPU wasnt the limit in such a situation, even with millions of trees and miles of scenery.

jAkUp
03-17-06, 02:30 AM
Bethesda said that the CPU makes little difference as far as performance goes.