PDA

View Full Version : police quest, kings quest, space quest, lesire suit larry to be rereleased on march30

nrs421
03-16-06, 01:46 PM
http://pc.ign.com/index/release.html

:D (nana2)

Acid Rain
03-16-06, 02:11 PM
Very nice. These are games I grew up on, and I wish the younger crowd today had similar material. Maybe not the Leisure Suit Larry, though it didn't seem to hurt me any. ;)

OWA
03-16-06, 02:54 PM
I'm excited about their release although I'll probably only pickup KQ and SQ since those were the two series I played.

Acid Rain
03-16-06, 06:36 PM
I'm excited about their release although I'll probably only pickup KQ and SQ since those were the two series I played.Yeah, those were definitely the best. At least, in my opinion. They should give the 7800s a serious beatdown. :D

OWA
03-16-06, 06:59 PM
Yeah, it's good that we have SLI systems already so we don't have to upgrade or anything (hopefully not anyway). :)

Sgt_Pitt
03-17-06, 08:43 AM
what about heroes quest ? that was a good one too :)

nrs421
09-24-06, 04:18 PM
well it looks like it's finally been released....i saw it on sale today @ EB.

Intel17
09-24-06, 06:23 PM
MMMMMONSTER BUMP! :D

CaptNKILL
09-24-06, 06:23 PM
well it looks like it's finally been released....i saw it on sale today @ EB.
I just read about these yesterday and they are a total rip off if you have the games already. Apparently they arent even updated to run on newer computers. They simply bundled an outdated version of DOSBox with the original games, and the games arent even all the best versions from what some people have said. IE, they included the low res version of some games that had a high res version.

This is just going by what others have said online, but almost everyone says this so I doubt they would make it up.

The games are great, but the packages are a quick sloppy cash in on them. If they actually ported them and updated them to work in XP or even just included a front-end like SARIEN or FRESCI to play the originals in XP (sort of like SCUMMVM) I would probably buy them but this is a total rip unless you dont have the originals and you want to pay for DOSBox (even though this is a different publisher reselling old games and a piece of freeware, niether of which they actually made).

If this is totaly incorrect, let me know... but I was very irritated when I read that these packages are sloppily thrown together so the company could cash in on some classics. If that isnt true and these are actually nice sets, then I take it all back, I'm just going by what I've read on other sites.