Scream And Fly
03-17-06, 12:59 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. My system is as follows:

Dell XPS 600
Pentium D 840 (dual core 3.2GHz)
dual GTX7800 256MB SLI
2GB
X-Fi sound

I'm using the 81.98 drivers, no overclocking and temps in the high 60s.

I play a lot of newer games like CS:S and stuff, but I like really old games too like Unreal 1 and Unreal Tournament. My question(s) is this:

Do I need to set the video cards differently for each game? I currently just have a global setting for everything. I really don't know how to use profiles, and it's obvious that I don't need SLI for Unreal - so is it bad to leave it enabled for games that won't use it?

Also, sometimes I get a lockup when loading Unreal 1 - but it won't do it from a fresh boot. I never get lockups when playing any game. Any ideas? Could it be a problem with the hardware, or is it just software related?

Thanks everyone,
Greg

SLippe
03-17-06, 09:05 AM
Most likely it's one of two things... 1) The game can't run at the settings you have set in the nvidia control panel or 2) A lot of old games won't run at all on newer cards, i.e., I couldn't get Rogue Spear to run on my 6800 GT nor could I get Star Wars Pod Racer. I'm not sure Unreal 1 and UT will run on newer cards, but like I said, you may just mess with the AA/AF and other settings first. Make sure, of course, you have them patched up to the latest release as well. Good luck.

Maverickman
03-17-06, 03:56 PM
SLI does have some problems with certain games. Tiger Woods 2006 plays worse on my system with SLI than without.

Grestorn
03-17-06, 04:24 PM
You might want to check out nHancer (www.nhancer.com). Get the latest beta here: http://www.nhancer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148