PDA

View Full Version : Swat 4 > Rainbow Six: Lockout

Tygerwoody
03-17-06, 09:54 AM
I just bought Rainbow Six: Lockout yesterday and I have to say that Im disappointed as far as strategy goes with the game. You use absolutely ZERO strategy. What happened to the Rainbow Six series that i use to LOVE? If I didn't order this game from online, believe me I would be taking it back. Its basically a single player version of Counterstrike. All you do is RUN around and shoot people. Theres no strategy needed whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, this game is "fun" in the same aspect that Quake 4 is fun. But I didn't buy this game for fast pace shoot em up like Quake 4. I bought this game thinking it was Rainbow Six, a strategy style slowpace shooter. The type where you can't even THINK about running into a room without gasing it or using a flashbang. In R6:Lockout, I basically run as fast as I can and kill everyone in my sights, without reguard to anything. They never shoot the hostages so I have nothing to worry about. I can be as loud as I want. Swat 4 isn't the best game in the world, but its a hell of alot better than this peice of junk.

I think this game deservers two thumbs down.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

agentkay
03-17-06, 10:01 AM
Totally agree with you. Just yesterday I decided to rent it (for $3) and I feel like I wasted $3 and thats pretty sad. lol Swat 4 is lightyears ahead of Lockdown when it comes to tatical gameplay. RSE should have cloned Ravenshield with Lockdowns graphics engine, and they had a winner on their hands. I have absolutely no doubt about that. Rumors are that UBI "forced" RSE to release Lockdown with gameplay like that, but I donīt know if UBI is that stupid and doesnīt know what R6 fans on the PC wanted.

jAkUp
03-17-06, 10:13 AM
Yea the game is lame. Raven-Shield is way better.

I am looking forward to GRAW for a slowpaced shooter. I am craving a good slowpaced shooter :)

Superfly
03-17-06, 10:24 AM
Yea the game is lame. Raven-Shield is way better.

I am looking forward to GRAW for a slowpaced shooter. I am craving a good slowpaced shooter :)

me too jak - been a LONG time coming.

Tygerwoody
03-17-06, 10:27 AM
I wish someone would have told me this game sucked before I bought it :(

killahsin
03-17-06, 10:32 AM
thats why i usually ask what game i should get if im weary about a game. Thats also why my library consists of few games but those i do have are solid. I.E. psychonauts rome total war q4/doom 3(debateable) hl2. etc etc I tend to always ask if i don't prsonally know. I won't ask when it comes to games like kotor1/2 or oblivion because i know the track record of the developer. Anything from ubi i'm sketchy about just like most things from ea/vivendi.

Tygerwoody
03-17-06, 10:40 AM
thats why i usually ask what game i should get if im weary about a game. Thats also why my library consists of few games but those i do have are solid. I.E. psychonauts rome total war q4/doom 3(debateable) hl2. etc etc I tend to always ask if i don't prsonally know. I won't ask when it comes to games like kotor1/2 or oblivion because i know the track record of the developer. Anything from ubi i'm sketchy about just like most things from ea/vivendi.
Yes, which is EXACTLY why I didn't worry about Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six games are my FAVORITE GAMES to play. You wouldn't think I would have to ask if it was good or not. Every Rainbow Six game thus far has been good. So I had nothing to worry about.

Marvel_us
03-17-06, 10:53 AM
We had a thread on the game though. Most people said it sucked.

Cheer up though, oblivion is out next week!

Peoples-Agent
03-17-06, 01:45 PM
Swat 4 and the X Pack ....RULE!

A true thinking shooter, and I love how even though the levels are the same, the bad guys can varie and their position changes so you always have to think.

Tygerwoody
03-17-06, 03:03 PM
Swat 4 and the X Pack ....RULE!

A true thinking shooter, and I love how even though the levels are the same, the bad guys can varie and their position changes so you always have to think.
exactly. The expansion pack for Swat 4 makes the entire game 3 times as fun :)

jAkUp
03-18-06, 02:28 AM
Yup, Swat 4 is the best tactical shooter I have played in recent memory... the last was Raven-Shield, which is one of my top games of all time.