PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Placement

OWA
03-17-06, 03:39 PM
Think it's okay to set the Xbox 360 on top of a Klipsch subwoofer?

I assume it's magnetically shielded and it won't be on (so no vibrations). I don't feel like rewiring things in the cabinet at the moment so I thought I'd leave the Xbox in the cabinet and just set the Xbox 360 next to the cabinet (which means it'll need to sit on top of the subwoofer if that's okay).

Connaught
03-17-06, 03:47 PM
Personally, I would not take the chance.
If I spent over $400 on something then wouldn't take at the most 1h re-arranging stuff to ensure that nothing even remotely bad could happen to the $400 product; I would be severly kicking myself if something bad did happen because I wouldn't take the extra time to make sure everything was safe...
But, thats me...If you have extra money floating around to buy another xbox360 because you wouldn't take that extra hour to rearrenge stuff for the convenience factor...or maybe you like "living on the edge."
Up too you...my advice...take the time to rearrenge...

evilchris
03-17-06, 04:12 PM
I wouldnt place a hard drive that close to an extremely strong magnet, such as that found in a sub. Your sub will not be adequately shielded unless it cost something in the $3000 range.

Apollo 13
03-17-06, 04:39 PM
I don't have those speaker but I know that my Sub lets off alot of heat and I wouldn't dare put my 360 next to it.

S.I.N
03-17-06, 04:43 PM
The 360 is made out of egg shells so anything will break that thing. I have seen a video of soem guy moving is and the 360 shredded the disc.

OWA
03-17-06, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I won't put it on top of the subwoofer.

I don't currently have a hard drive but I'm going to go looking for one now I think or at least a memory stick or whatever.

They only had the core systems available and everywhere I asked, they weren't sure but said they didn't think they would get the Premium version again until this summer. So, I got the core system, bought a wireless controller with a play and charge device and a component cable for the HD monitor. Hopefully I can transfer my current Xbox Live to the Xbox 360 Live. I wasn't sure what game to get so I just got PGR.

evilchris
03-17-06, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I won't put it on top of the subwoofer.

I don't currently have a hard drive but I'm going to go looking for one now I think or at least a memory stick or whatever.

They only had the core systems available and everywhere I asked, they weren't sure but said they didn't think they would get the Platinum version again until this summer. So, I got the core system, bought a wireless controller with a play and charge device and a component cable for the HD monitor. Hopefully I can transfer my current Xbox Live to the Xbox 360 Live. I wasn't sure what game to get so I just got PGR.
You can transfer your gamertag, it's easy. They call it "Recovering". HDD are widely available now that I've seen. They were scarce for awhile.

As for games I'd easily recommend Condemned and GRAW, but I think you'll probably be buying them on the PC. Kameo is great.

OWA
03-17-06, 05:05 PM
Kameo. That's the one I was trying to remember. I've heard a lot about that one but couldn't think of it when I was at the store.

I guess I need something to store my info on before I can setup Live right? I just did a quick check online and haven't been able to find a hard disk in stock locally yet.

evilchris
03-17-06, 05:08 PM
Yes a memory card or HDD is required for Live. Kameo is a "kiddie" type of game but if you love plain old great games you should like it. It has a Nintendo feel to it.

OWA
03-17-06, 05:46 PM
Thanks. I went ahead and picked up Kameo and Fight Night since initially anyway, I'm going to try to get different styles of games on the Xbox 360 than I play on the PC. I also picked up a memory card so I could get live setup and the remote so I won't have to get up off the couch at all. :) That's one really nice thing about it. I have a smaller couch basically perpendicular to the setup so it has been great just laying down on the couch and playing PGR just fine.