PDA

View Full Version : Need Video Card Recommendations for Purevideo

roninpc
03-17-06, 07:08 PM
Okay, I am currently looking to build a better HDTV HTPC. I want to use the Purevideo codec (cause I am an nVidia nut). What I want to know is, will getting the most current nVidia graphics card give me the best performance? I do not believe I have seen anyone compare all the nVidia-Purevideo capable cards and benchmark their results. Has anyone seen that kind of review? For example, 256MG 6600 vs 128MB 6600GT. Also, what does SLI do for Purevideo? does it do anything? Theoretically, since the GPUs will be doing the encoding, it should perform better but again...I do not think anyone has that kind of review.

If you have a current configuration that uses Purevideo, I would like to know what kind of system you have, what resolution you are running, your display, and your HD performance. I am not even sure how one would even benchmark this.

Please help me decide.

RoninPC

PS - If any of the nVidia card manufactures are reading this, I would LOVE to do this type of benchmark and review. Please feel free to send me a PM and let me know you want to send me the samples to test. <big sh--- grin>

alias_3
03-18-06, 09:26 PM
same here...

Peoples-Agent
03-19-06, 06:16 AM
I use 7800s and I run 1080p stuff without any hassles, dropped frames or anything. Runs smooth as playing any regular DVD.