PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart has Oblivion!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
03-18-06, 04:19 AM
I went into Wal-Mart at 2am to get some snacks and I found Oblivion on the shelf in the electronics Department. I tried to buy it but when they scanned it they got a messege saying that it couldn't be sold... after that they pulled them all off the shelf (along with "The Godfather" for PC and Xbox).

I tried to talk to a manager but the manager wouldn't budge on the subject, they admitted it was their mistake but couldn't sell me either game... oh well...

So check out your Wal-Marts... maybe one of you guys can get lucky. :D

jAkUp
03-18-06, 04:20 AM
Yes!

I told you guys :D lol

Some Walmarts do not have the register that checks the copy, I know because I was trying to get FEAR early, I went to 2 Walmarts that would not let me buy it, even if it was on the shelf.

Other people were getting the copies with no problems. So I think maybe some stores do not check the street date.

Do you think if you took the game to like the garden section, maybe it wouldnt have the date check there?

|MaguS|
03-18-06, 04:24 AM
All registers are on the same system, doesn't matter where you go. I was at the Sports Department checking out (I usually go there since most of the time theres no line).

agentkay
03-18-06, 04:52 AM
I would get some pepper spray with me, grab an OB box and RUN for my life, spraying everyone and everything that wants to stop me!!! hehehe

|MaguS|
03-18-06, 04:53 AM
Don't give Zelda_Fan idea's...

StoNer
03-18-06, 10:17 AM
Just pop open the case grab the disc and find the cd key and bounce out of the store.

Make it up to bethseda later by buying the CE on release and purchasing all the patches/expansions theyre planning on charging us for.

Seriously tho if u cant steal a video game on one dvd from walmart without getting caught then u need to go level up your sneak skill or something.

If someone at walmart sees u stealing something they always come up and ask if they can help u *ALWAYS*. So if they do that then just say no im fine and ditch the **** asap so u can laugh at them when they search u and find nothing.

Just for the record im a recovered cleptomaniac and I dont shoplift anymore.

aAv7
03-18-06, 10:50 AM
Don't give Zelda_Fan idea's...

QFT.

Zelda_fan
03-18-06, 11:16 AM
Oblivion is out

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00055xz.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/463/dscf00042lp.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/foxtiator/bocman.jpg

Zelda_fan
03-18-06, 11:18 AM
Yes!

I told you guys :D lol

Some Walmarts do not have the register that checks the copy, I know because I was trying to get FEAR early, I went to 2 Walmarts that would not let me buy it, even if it was on the shelf.

Other people were getting the copies with no problems. So I think maybe some stores do not check the street date.

Do you think if you took the game to like the garden section, maybe it wouldnt have the date check there?

wal-mart employees retarted people so go to the register where there is a handicap person working or some long haired hippy who is trying to stick it to the man. They will let you buy it.

CaptNKILL
03-18-06, 11:25 AM
Dammit!

If I wasnt tied to that pre-order, I would be all over this. :(

Has anyone spotted the collectors edition?

|MaguS|
03-18-06, 11:44 AM
wal-mart employees retarted people so go to the register where there is a handicap person working or some long haired hippy who is trying to stick it to the man. They will let you buy it.

Their registers WONT ring the purchase through... its not the cashier but the registers themselves. When I went the person didn't even know what the game was, they just tried to scan it and it gave an error code, after 5 times trying to scan it she called a manager which then stated that the game isn't suppose to be on the shelf yet which is why it wont scan.

Wal-Mart is getting smarter about these things, maybe an older Wal-Mart then mine would have a system that wont block it but mine is blocked at the register.

a12ctic
03-18-06, 11:48 AM
just tell them its a new release and give them 50$ in cash

Toss3
03-18-06, 12:06 PM
just tell them its a new release and give them 50$ in cash
or just leave 50$ on the counter and run for your life! :D(wouldn't be stealing)

a12ctic
03-18-06, 12:09 PM
or just leave 50$ on the counter and run for your life! :D(wouldn't be stealing)
hahaha tell them that you really have to piss

Toss3
03-18-06, 12:39 PM
hahaha tell them that you really have to piss
hahaha :D:D

Acid Rain
03-18-06, 03:04 PM
nothing on bittorrent yet...Weren't you told to shut up about that?

Keep warez at driver heaven or something. :mad:

I preordered mine, so I'll just wait until the 21st or so. It really isn't so very long, especially since I'm playing Perfect Dark Zero co-op with my girlfriend in the meantime. :)

FierceDeityLink
03-18-06, 03:17 PM
As much as I want this game, I don't feel like a wild-goose chase. I think I'll pick it up from Circuit City on Monday for $40 - 10% price match (off of CompUSA).

SH0DAN
03-18-06, 11:45 PM
Picked it up at a Walmart here in Ottawa (I will not disclose the exact location) this afternoon for 57.99 CDN,plus tax. :D :D :D

EDIT:2 Gigs of ram is A MUST !

jAkUp
03-18-06, 11:53 PM
OMG Screenies are A MUST! :D :D :D

-=DVS=-
03-19-06, 12:00 AM
Must wait til tuesday WHAAAAAA :cry:

SH64
03-19-06, 12:24 AM
EDIT:2 Gigs of ram is A MUST !

As i expected!!

i dont want screenshots .. just show me the graphics settings menu :smoking:

jAkUp
03-19-06, 12:25 AM
Yea that too, and screenies! :D :D :D

GamerGuyX
03-19-06, 12:59 AM
For the love of God SH0DAN!!! Post more **** about Oblivion!

CaptNKILL
03-19-06, 01:07 AM
AHHH!! SOMEONE HAS IT!?!?! :cry:

Clay
03-19-06, 01:13 AM
(w/opics)

And like SH64 said, please throw in some menu/settings shots! :cool: