PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion and SLI (will it kick ass ??)

billos
03-18-06, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to have ur opinion about Oblivion and SLI. I've checked in the latest drivers that a built-in SLI profile exists for Oblivion (i've checked in the
nvapps.xml file that it's the "0x02000001" value)

Does someone know what kind of SLI (afr,sfr,..) corresponds to "0x02000001" value and do u think that this game will really benefit from Nvidia SLI (i know that the game isn't out yet and that's speculation but maybe some of u have already a feelling about it :D ). My 2xgeforce 7800gtx are already in "warm-up" state. Cm'on Oblivion !! :p

Jackrabbit710
03-18-06, 06:11 AM
Im the same as you, just got my SLI rig set up and ready! Ive got to grips with all the AFR and SFR profiles and am getting huge increases.
On 3dmark 05, the test with the little green light going round the wood, that is the same sort of thing we will be seeing in oblivion (but not as dense forest as that!) So if its running fine through that, its going to breeze through oblivion.
My SLI rig gave me around a 10-15fps boost in that test!

Belarnion
03-18-06, 07:44 AM
If the SpeedTree Demo and the most graphically similar games are anything to go by:
About 80% better performance, depending on resolution.

SH64
03-18-06, 09:58 PM
Hopefully it will .. the real question though : will it benefit from dual-core processors ??!

EDIT : oh & most likely that SLI profile value is AFR2.

SH0DAN
03-19-06, 03:08 AM
Hopefully it will .. the real question though : will it benefit from dual-core processors ??!

EDIT : oh & most likely that SLI profile value is AFR2.

Yes it will,devs have stated as much in the past,and the game seems to be running much better with dual core then without on my system.

J-Mag
03-20-06, 02:15 PM
Yes it will,devs have stated as much in the past,and the game seems to be running much better with dual core then without on my system.

How did you test this? Did you swap CPU's out of your rig just for this purpose?

CaptNKILL
03-20-06, 02:19 PM
How did you test this? Did you swap CPU's out of your rig just for this purpose?
I think you can disable a core or run in single core mode...