PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 7900GTX roll the dice?

Pages : [1] 2

HYBRID
03-18-06, 10:39 AM
Just curious but knowing the issue regarding these cards would you guys buy one? Or would 2 7900 GT in SLI be a safer bet.

They are back in stock at The Egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16814130280

HYBRID
03-18-06, 10:39 AM
well i pulled the trigger cause there was only 2 in stock.
cross my fingers :)

lee63
03-18-06, 10:51 AM
well i pulled the trigger cause there was only 2 in stock.
cross my fingers :)Good luck man :) remember to let us know if it works ;)

keith33
03-18-06, 10:57 AM
OoOoo an A8N and a Superclock, you sir are quite the risk taker. We're all eagerly awaiting the result.

HYBRID
03-18-06, 11:02 AM
OoOoo an A8N and a Superclock, you sir are quite the risk taker. We're all eagerly awaiting the result.

Keith33 yours still has not been resolved?
Yeah I know but has all these been bad?

keith33
03-18-06, 11:09 AM
Keith33 yours still has not been resolved?
Yeah I know but has all these been bad?

Nope, nothing has worked, used up all my cell phone minutes with eVGA already in the last week lol. People with MSI boards are crusing but us A8N people seem to be royally screwed. eVGA is thinking its a power supply issue, but they're still working on a solution. I was told I would get a "pre-tested" card soon, I already filled out the credit-card authorization form so I'm basically sitting at the door waiting for that UPS guy lol. :(

HYBRID
03-18-06, 11:14 AM
power supply issue?

does this effect all superclocks EVGA boards?

lee63
03-18-06, 11:30 AM
power supply issue?

does this effect all superclocks EVGA boards?Its not a PSU issue, I had the same PSU you have and it ran my 7800 512s just fine.The 7900s draw less power.

lee63
03-18-06, 11:34 AM
Nope, nothing has worked, used up all my cell phone minutes with eVGA already in the last week lol. People with MSI boards are crusing but us A8N people seem to be royally screwed. eVGA is thinking its a power supply issue, but they're still working on a solution. I was told I would get a "pre-tested" card soon, I already filled out the credit-card authorization form so I'm basically sitting at the door waiting for that UPS guy lol. :(
Is your card coming today???

HYBRID
03-18-06, 11:42 AM

No I just ordered it today at the Egg.
I just read a little on the 7900gtx random frezze thread
But seeing all the above issues I may just cancel the order.
That a lot of cash to go thru this major issue.

I thought it was a random issue but sounds like a major fubar.

keith33
03-18-06, 11:55 AM

Apparently UPS doesn't do weekends so probably Monday, and I'll be busy sh!tless with school so that will have to wait until that weekend. :(

jcniest5
03-18-06, 02:11 PM
Nope, nothing has worked....People with MSI boards are crusing but us A8N people seem to be royally screwed...

I thought it's only affecting the A8N32, but it's affecting the Premium and regular Deluxe, too? The heck with that! I'm gonna get the MSI Diamond Plus, then...

keith33
03-18-06, 02:22 PM
I thought it's only affecting the A8N32, but it's affecting the Premium and regular Deluxe, too? The heck with that! I'm gonna get the MSI Diamond Plus, then...

Good choice, Asus is perplexed on the issue as well, their level 2 tech support guy said I should have bought an Asus branded 7900, Yeah right buddy, I need a fat stinking ape plastered on my video card.

HYBRID
03-18-06, 03:54 PM
Good choice, Asus is perplexed on the issue as well, their level 2 tech support guy said I should have bought an Asus branded 7900, Yeah right buddy, I need a fat stinking ape plastered on my video card.

LOL and pay an extra 79 dollars for it too and a game that IMHO is weak.

Digital_Trans
03-18-06, 08:38 PM

Oh man that's a good one hahahahahahaha! King Kong, King Kong

jAkUp
03-18-06, 09:01 PM

lol :D

DiaBlo666
03-18-06, 09:04 PM
Just curious but knowing the issue regarding these cards would you guys buy one? Or would 2 7900 GT in SLI be a safer bet.

They are back in stock at The Egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16814130280

"roll the dice"
i don't get it :(

superklye
03-18-06, 09:05 PM
"roll the dice"
i don't get it :(
as in..."take a chance"

DiaBlo666
03-18-06, 09:10 PM
as in..."take a chance"

why do you guys talk in chinesse ?? :o
damn language barrier :(

parecon
03-19-06, 01:36 AM
I ordered mine today from newegg also, but I just checked my order status, and of course its void "insufficient inventory". Hopefully I can get one soon, this 6500 just isn't doing the trick in this sytem....

noesis
03-19-06, 02:09 AM
Would i get one again? Hell yes. Even with all the problems we are having i would still buy another. The truth is that this card (the evga gtx superclocked 512 mem version) rocks. I play FEAR at 1600-1200 with everything on max on a dell 2405 fpw monitor and this card screams. Sure it freezes sometimes but only takes 10 or so seconds and it regains its composure. I upgraded from a 7800gtx oc version and there is a marked performance boost. Anyway I had the option to return the card for a refund and i declined simply because the issues, while sucking big time are not enough to detract from the performance of the card.

Crazy Chuckster
03-20-06, 10:50 AM
Keith, has your RMA shipped yet? I filled out my credit card slip the day after you did and I have not got any word when my RMA will ship.

keith33
03-20-06, 03:41 PM
Keith, has your RMA shipped yet? I filled out my credit card slip the day after you did and I have not got any word when my RMA will ship.

Same thing over here, no confirmation or acknowledgement whatsoever.

I heard they won't get new shipments until Tuesday of this week, so we should have our cards by Wednesday or Thursday.

Hopefully a mad employee didn't steal the forms that were faxed and went shopping. :o

Crazy Chuckster
03-20-06, 03:53 PM
You know I am starting to get a bit cheesed over this whole deal. I understand if we had got a fluke card or something but this is rediculous. No cards for RMA and no guarantee that we will get a good one when they come.

keith33
03-20-06, 04:28 PM
You know I am starting to get a bit cheesed over this whole deal. I understand if we had got a fluke card or something but this is rediculous. No cards for RMA and no guarantee that we will get a good one when they come.

Just got this email:

I did receive and it was processed on Friday by Everardo, but you are in Canada and we missed the outbound time.

The shipment will go out today USPS Express.

Thanks
Joe Darwin