PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Media Sharing Comments and Questions

OWA
03-18-06, 07:56 PM
Let me first say, I really like the Xbox 360 media sharing capabilities. Just needed to install a small utility on the PC and then I had access to all my PC music and pictures on the Xbox 360. The streaming works really well. Another surprising thing is that it's able to multitask. I figured the music would stop when I was viewing pictures or slideshows. But, it doesn't. It keeps playing until you stop it. Also, it's really nice having access to all that from the couch and being able to control it with the controller or remote.

Anyway, I have a few questions about it.

1) Are there any security concerns with the media connect file sharing? Anything special I need to do or are the default settings supposed to be pretty secure?

2) I have two PCs and once one is connected, it was a pain to get the other PC connected since the Xbox 360 continues to see the first one I had connected. Is there any easy way to switch computers from the Xbox 360 side or will that need to handled from the PC side?

brady
03-18-06, 10:00 PM
1. I don't know of any serious security concerns. I've had my 360 connected to the 360 since day one.

2. You should'nt have to mess with things on the PC side once it's been setup. To stream media from another PC on the network you simply select that system from the 360. You may need to go to the settings blade and select network and then log off the first PC to log onto the second...

OWA
03-18-06, 10:24 PM
You may need to go to the settings blade and select network and then log off the first PC to log onto the second...
Thanks for the info.

I don't think I tried that so I'll give that a shot. Thahks.