PDA

View Full Version : Meh, no mouse acceleration sucks donkey balls

Son Goku
03-20-06, 12:19 PM
I don't know to put this in a hardware forum (mouse) or Windows forum (it is configured) :D But after having set my mouse at home to use acceleration, and for fast response, comming into the pod here at college, this just sucks...

Mouse the mouse accross the whole fricken pad, and the cursor doesn't make it half way accross the screen :thumbdwn: The control panel is disabled too, so there's no fixing it... No idea who would actially like their mouse this way... Requires too mcuh movement :nutkick: (pirate)

Rakeesh
03-20-06, 12:29 PM
I prefer it off. It is so much easier to aim in games with it off.

CaptNKILL
03-20-06, 01:25 PM
Gah, I despise mouse acceleration. It ruins aiming in games, so I dont use it at all. Im pretty sure it makes general usage more complicated than it has to be as well. Its like your mouse sensitivity changes every time you move the mouse. Screw that :o

superklye
03-20-06, 01:48 PM
I, too, hate acceleration. The one and only time I used it, it felt like my mouse had a mind of its own.

Rakeesh
03-20-06, 02:57 PM
Yeah, its best to leave acceleration off, and use a faster than normal mouse rate setting if it bothers you in regular windows apps, then in games lower the sensitivity modifier.

jeffmd
03-20-06, 03:51 PM
Wait wait..what are we talking about here? I like to ramp the speed of my mouse up a bit, but when I hear acceleration, I think the "feature" where moving the mouse quicker auto-ramps up the speed. I absolutly HATE that...I much prefer a constant speed.

CaptNKILL
03-20-06, 03:52 PM
Wait wait..what are we talking about here? I like to ramp the speed of my mouse up a bit, but when I hear acceleration, I think the "feature" where moving the mouse quicker auto-ramps up the speed. I absolutly HATE that...I much prefer a constant speed.
Yep, thats what it is.

keith33
03-20-06, 04:40 PM
Nasty stuff lol, my Copperhead @2000dpi and 1000Hz polling rate will get me back and fourth on my screen at least 6 times on my normal sized mouse pad. Agreed with all you guys, I hate it when the mouse thinks he's boss and can accelerate to his heart's content, that's when I pull out the mouse trap. :p

einstein_314
03-20-06, 04:58 PM
Lol, I too hate mouse acceleration. But I do love my G7's sensitivity. Mouse cursor from one side to the other in 3/4" of actual mouse travel. Or about 4" on low. :D I never have to move the base of my hand. Just my fingers.

CaptNKILL
03-20-06, 05:04 PM
Yeah I love my MX518. When its set to 800dpi its perfect. If I feel like I need more for whatever reason, I can click it up to 1600 or down to 400 if I need to work with something tiny.

Not bad for $35 mouse. Has more buttons than any other logitech mice too :)

ViN86
03-20-06, 07:49 PM
im like the 9th person here who hates mouse acceleration.

i love the on-the-fly sensitivity feature my mouse has. i turn it way down in games, then crank it way up in windows. :)

keith33
03-20-06, 07:54 PM
im like the 9th person here who hates mouse acceleration.

i love the on-the-fly sensitivity feature my mouse has. i turn it way down in games, then crank it way up in windows. :)

Definately a huge time saver in windows, I had to turn it down with my old monitor, but at 1680x1050 and higher you need a really sensitive mouse to move across the screen with ease. Loving the on-the-fly stuff too. (nana2)

Son Goku
03-20-06, 09:02 PM
hehe, I actually tend to keep my mouse speed above the normal setting even at 1024x768, and then have a little resolution added to an already fast mouse movement setting. That way, it's also fast in games that don't use acceleration... Too much movement also == less response time against deadly scenario...

Not sure who set that there at school, but is kinda a pain. And everytime I've sat in the computer labs there I've thought that. I'm sorry, I'm a bit too lazy a git to want to go picking my mouse up and reposition it on the mat and all (which is how they required it)... I prefer, oh man this would be funny to tell them :rofl

When I took a computer engineering class last semester, professor Bradshaw introduced the class to the Bradshaw minimum energy principle. It's the minimum amount of energy it takes me to get a job done :rofl True, he meant it wrt engineering calculations, where doing something in 20 steps instead of 100 could be a real time saver when it comes to solving a particular problem... And course, some of em calculations can get long as it is, without one making them longer :eek: I told a math teacher about that (well not in class obviously), who was in a dif dept/school and he was ready to :nutkick:

:angel: :lol2:

However, the same could apply here, I'd rather not expend more engery then I have to, to get the thing to point and click (wack)