PDA

View Full Version : Sli GPU rendering Mode?

SigmaOrionis
03-20-06, 02:14 PM
Just got my first SLI rig setup. I have a question about a setting in the CP.

SLI GPU RENDERING MODE
options are:
1. Single GPU rendering (default)
2. Multi GPU rendering
3. SLI Antialiasing

This setting is located all the way at the bottom just above LOD BIAS CLAMP.

Can anyone tell me what theirs is set at and what exactly this option does?

My system appears to be working alright with nice gains in 3DMK5 and DOOM3 over a single card. The load balancing bar is also showing both cards working. Just seems like this setting should be at multi-gpu rendering.

Thanks to all who reply.

john19055
03-21-06, 04:20 AM
Install Coolbits and you will have all the setting for SLI.

Peoples-Agent
03-21-06, 06:16 AM
Yep, really is simple as that.
To be honest, I have never tried the cards without using Coolbits.

SigmaOrionis
03-21-06, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I found a detailed explanation on HardOcp. I'm just going to leave it at the default of SINGLE GPU RENDERING. As was explained on [H] the individual game profiles override the global setting anyways.

DansFace
03-21-06, 11:48 PM
Installed coolbits. Everytime I click on the Driver tab my computer locks up and reboots?

Any idea guys?

Peoples-Agent
03-22-06, 03:31 AM
Weird.
Install a different set of drivers but use Driver Cleaner in between, take it from there before getting too concerned.

pibrahim
03-22-06, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I found a detailed explanation on HardOcp. I'm just going to leave it at the default of SINGLE GPU RENDERING. As was explained on [H] the individual game profiles override the global setting anyways.

Single GPU rendering is not SLI. It means only one of your cards will be utilized. Install CoolBits and then set it as Auto Select or Alternate Frame Rendering.

john19055
03-22-06, 06:01 PM
You should install coolbit so you get the full benifits out of SLI.

SigmaOrionis
03-23-06, 04:49 AM
Single GPU rendering is not SLI. It means only one of your cards will be utilized. Install CoolBits and then set it as Auto Select or Alternate Frame Rendering.

If you read my post you would know that I am getting the full benefits out of SLI. It doesnt really matter what I have the Global setting as. As soon as I launch a game say BF2 the built in profile for the game sets the SLI mode and overrides the global setting.

The only time I would need coolbits to get the full benefit of SLI is if a game I was using didnt already have a built in profile. Then I would have to use coolbits to create a profile for it or set the mode to what I think would work the best. Fortunately for me everygame I play already has a profile.