PDA

View Full Version : Nview Clone Display with Video

marnold
03-20-06, 01:16 PM
I have a set up where I need to have a cloned monitor which displays WMP video (on both displays)

I was surprised to find that the Nvidia hardware (or XP) was preventing the video from being displayed on both displays simultaneously. Only the primary display shows the video, while the cloned display shows a black box.

Any thoughts on where my problem might be? The hardware is a GF6600 on a new Dell PC (Intel)

thanks for the help!

marnold
03-20-06, 03:42 PM
I have found one possible solution to my problem - which apparently lies with Window Media Player -

I found that if you adjust the playback quality settings, the video suddenly starts displaying on both (cloned) displays.

I still don't have an idea as to what is happening and why this works. The software and hardware have more than enough horsepower to display the video at the highest quality settings on both displays, but it simply doesn't.

jeffmd
03-20-06, 03:48 PM
Probably because you are toggling the hardware acceleration component direct draw. Direct draw makes the video card do the dirty work in scaling the image up and smoothing out the pixles, but it only works on one display at a time, just like direct3d. But you can opt to have one of the displays play without direct draw, though even a fast cpu will chop up if you are zooming to a very high resolution, and it wont smooth out the pixles.

Carte_Blanche!
03-24-06, 12:10 AM
I was surprised to find that the Nvidia hardware (or XP) was preventing the video from being displayed on both displays simultaneously. Only the primary display shows the video, while the cloned display shows a black box.

Any thoughts on where my problem might be? The hardware is a GF6600 on a new Dell PC (Intel)

thanks for the help!

Go to Nvidia display settings,

Click on Full Screen Video

On Full Screen Video Device, choose Secondary on the Drop Down Menu.

littlefoot0430
04-02-06, 09:22 PM
I have the PNY 6800 Ultra and cannot seem to find a good driver that doesn't keep freezing up my pc during gameplay, (cs, CoD 2, UT2004, etc.) Any suggestions on what driver is the most reliable?