PDA

View Full Version : How do I overclock SLI cards?

DansFace
03-20-06, 04:38 PM
I'm having trouble getting a overclock on my 7800GTs.. I install coolbits and go to set the clocks but it doesnt give me a option to set it on both clocks. When I overclock it using coolbits it just locks up my system and I have to boot into safe mode to get into windows.

Rivatuner does the same thing...
what else should I try?

Strahd
03-20-06, 05:49 PM
When you are running SLI and are OC'ing, the clock/mem freq you set for one is for both.

Son Goku
03-20-06, 05:57 PM
What he said I would imagine... The cards would have to run with a synchronous core/mem clock I would imagine...

It's also possible that one of your cards isn't capable of the clock you're trying to apply. Given that both cards are running together, if one is a poor over-clocker, the other card isn't going to be able to clock higher... Best case scenario would be the best OC you could get from the worst (in terms of over-clocking ability) of the 2 cards...

There might be some issue in the drivers with this and working the 2 cards together which I'm not aware of, but without 7800s can't speak from experience. I would imagine that if one of these cards fell out of sync with the other, timing problems could result... But can't say that is what would be going on...

SLippe
03-20-06, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Son Goku.