PDA

View Full Version : EA Cuts all support for NFS:MW

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
03-20-06, 06:38 PM
EA support admin posted the following with regards to further patches and support for NFS:MW :

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=44064&start=45

"Final result - there will not be another patch for Most Wanted.

Longer version - While I'm sure very few of you are surprised by this, there was a good deal of internal debate surrounding this patch and whether to proceed. While there was never a question of whether there should be support for the community, the issues were a matter of time and resources. Both of which were not available.

The positive however, is that all the information collected on this issue won't be tossed aside and will be used for any future releases."

I don't have any issues with MW I'm about to fire a game up. Shadows have never ever looked right when you ride a curb, the shadow kinda disappears in sections. I was hopping to see this fixed but poor EA has run out of time and resources.

superklye
03-20-06, 06:43 PM
Where's that EA/Nazi logo when you need it?

MaXThReAT
03-20-06, 07:02 PM
Aahhhh, this one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/MaXThREaT/eanazi0tv.gif

Acid Rain
03-20-06, 07:10 PM
It's things like this that keep me from buying ANY EA game, regardless of it's popularity. I currently don't own a single EA title.

MaXThReAT
03-20-06, 07:29 PM
I just fired a game up and I totally forgot about the mouse bug I have. I can't see the Fing cursor on the screen. It's so friken annoying, I can't select colors or mod types without swinging the cursor around the screen until they light up. &^$*&$ That and I got busted on a spike strip. Great now I know that will never be fixed. I'm more upset than when I started this thread.

nutcrackr
03-20-06, 08:02 PM
Good ol' EA, still looking after the gamer and not their bottom line.

Sazar
03-20-06, 08:16 PM
There are still issues with the game.

The retarded CPU auto-catchup that runs haywire and causes the opposition to win by miles even though you race a flawless race at full-speed in a fully spec-d out racer :cool:

Gotta love that :cool:

Other than that, not much I dislike bout the game.

Edge
03-20-06, 10:38 PM
I find it funny that a company like EA says they don't have the resources availible to make a patch for a game. Their workforce must be busy getting the next dozen Sims 2 expansion packs and Battlefield 2 booster packs out.

OWA
03-20-06, 10:50 PM
I have a lot of EA games but this is the type of stuff that makes me despise them. That and seeing PC versions are getting the short end of the stick (notice a few differences playing on the Xbox 360 versus what I see on the PC with some games like Madden 2006 and NFSMW).

guybo
03-21-06, 12:09 AM
NFSMW was one of the worst games to come out for the PC in recent memory before this, now it is officially THE worst game to come out in the past year.

jAkUp
03-21-06, 12:14 AM
I dunno I liked it :o

OWA
03-21-06, 12:29 AM
Yeah, same here. It's one of my favorites.

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 01:08 AM
I liked the demo... didnt feel any real need to buy it though. My brother is a big NFS fan and he hated it. He hated Underground 2 as well.

High Stakes is still the best IMO. With Porsche Unleashed in close second.

|MaguS|
03-21-06, 01:14 AM
I loved the game but the lack of support sucks. I can see why though, EA often shifts people around once a game is complete or even when a specific part of the game is complete. They probably removed most of the people behind the game to start them on the next game in the series and that left probably acouple programers or just designers if anyone other then a CSR.

Mr_LoL
03-21-06, 01:56 AM
This sucks big style. Unfortunately people will still buy ea games especially with all those exclusive licenses they have snapped up. Shame really.

Infinity666
03-21-06, 02:02 AM
High Stakes is still the best IMO. With Porsche Unleashed in close second.

QFT

saturnotaku
03-21-06, 04:21 AM
Motor City, Underground and Most Wanted are the trifecta of games that have signaled the complete and utter destruction of the Need for Speed franchise.

|MaguS|
03-21-06, 04:23 AM
I loved the original Underground, the second one wasn't as good in my opinion... not nearly as good.

Peoples-Agent
03-21-06, 07:30 AM
I personally enjoyed the game, but it is in need of repair in some places... bigtime. Such a waste.

EA suck the big one, I hope they get bought out asap.

hemmy
03-21-06, 09:34 AM
There are still issues with the game.

The retarded CPU auto-catchup that runs haywire and causes the opposition to win by miles even though you race a flawless race at full-speed in a fully spec-d out racer :cool:

Gotta love that :cool:

Other than that, not much I dislike bout the game.

Is that actually a "feature"?

I have far faster cars then the computer and run a near perfect race and they are on my ass in 2 seconds

MaXThReAT
03-21-06, 10:38 AM
EA suck the big one, I hope they get bought out asap.

I don't see that happening at all. They are in the middle of buying out DICE right now. For me the best NFS was Porsche Unleashed gatta love the dash board cam WITH a wheel.

Vik1dk
03-21-06, 10:57 AM
This sucks big style. Unfortunately people will still buy ea games especially with all those exclusive licenses they have snapped up. Shame really.
One word: fileshareing
And before i get flamed, the way EA behave makes it a matter of f***ing them before they f*** us:o

SLippe
03-21-06, 11:10 AM
I really like NFSMW, however, I have gotten a little frustrated at it with the AI cars catching up when you have a big lead until the end and also, the police chases get ridiculous starting about #6 or so. I've completed the 4 milestones, only thing left to take on #6, one time and couldn't lose the cops. Other than that, I can't get all 4 milestones in the first place! I either lose them too fast or once I get close, I get busted. Stupid small SUV's. Anyways, I have seen some shadow problems, and one thing I have seen is a missing structure. From one side of it, you can see the whole thing, but if you look at it from the other side, it looks like nothing is there, but if you try to drive over the corner where it is, WHAM! you stop dead in your tracks. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. LOL And I just bought BF2 yesterday. As for NFSMW... (pirate)

SH0DAN
03-21-06, 01:31 PM
I found a copy in the bargain bin of MW

SH0DAN
03-21-06, 01:33 PM
I found a copy in the bargain bin of NFS:MW at EB for 12.98 used,bought it and had a bit of fun,but the AI drivers are ruthless and always 'magically' catch up no matter how darn good you drive,and far ahead you are. :thumbdwn:
And yes the cop chases get a little ridiculous over time with dozens chasing you
and road block ad infinitum.... :p