PDA

View Full Version : Huge Dell price cuts

superklye
03-20-06, 10:51 PM
How are these guys not considered a frickin' monopoly? Jeez...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30425

CaptNKILL
03-20-06, 10:53 PM
God damn... as much as I dislike dell's software, it might not be a bad idea to just buy a bunch of low-end dells, reformat them and leave all of the dell crap-ware off then put them to use. Their machines arent bad at all, its their software that sucks. And at these kinds of prices, they are practically giving PCs away.

superklye
03-20-06, 11:06 PM
I'd love to get a laptop, that's for sure.

seeker
03-21-06, 01:09 AM
What I found more interesting than the price cuts, was a side link to where it spoke of Dell using AMD processors. That is one reason that I would never have bought Dell in the past.

superklye
03-21-06, 07:44 AM
That would be ridiculously awesome if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath.

Riptide
03-21-06, 08:11 AM
lawl

They switch to AMD just in time for Conroe to come in and lay the smack down.

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 08:43 AM
lawl

:lol:

Thatd be too funny :D

|JuiceZ|
03-21-06, 09:52 AM
lawl

That would be funny but highly unlikely.

ynnek
03-21-06, 10:13 AM
Supposidly Dell originally started out of a college dorm.. imagine that.

Sazar
03-21-06, 08:00 PM

UT Austin FTW !!! :cool:

Pc's unlimited I think it was.

$n][pErMan
03-21-06, 08:36 PM
We use dells where I work because they are cheap and I must say they are all pieces of sh!t. Note that they are so much so that our servers are nothing close to dells and are custom built :p

SquireSCA
03-22-06, 09:10 PM
How are these guys not considered a frickin' monopoly? Jeez...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30425

They are not considered a monopoly because there are hundreds and thousands of other vendors to pick from.

Viventis
03-24-06, 01:49 PM

Dude! I just invented Dell !!!!!!

superklye
03-25-06, 02:33 AM
They are not considered a monopoly because there are hundreds and thousands of other vendors to pick from.
Really? Then why is MS? Aren't there hundreds and thousands of Linux distros to choose from?

Rakeesh
03-25-06, 03:03 AM
I don't know about their PC's, but Dells monitors are second to none, and not to mention VERY low priced, and have a damn good warranty. I don't think anybody can reasonably argue against that either.

SquireSCA
03-25-06, 07:54 AM
Really? Then why is MS? Aren't there hundreds and thousands of Linux distros to choose from?

MS isn't a monopoly. They had a judgement against them based more on political reasons than facts of being an actual monopoly.

It is a term that gets thrown around a lot and applied to situations that are really not accurate or applicable

j0j081
03-27-06, 05:30 PM
God damn... as much as I dislike dell's software, it might not be a bad idea to just buy a bunch of low-end dells, reformat them and leave all of the dell crap-ware off then put them to use. Their machines arent bad at all, its their software that sucks. And at these kinds of prices, they are practically giving PCs away.
actually from what I've seen the low end Dells are really junk, at least the newer ones. maybe quality is going down now they've established themselves.