PDA

View Full Version : direct2drive.com has oblivion

thunderhippo
03-21-06, 01:36 PM
If you can't wait to get your copy in the mail or whatever.. http://www.direct2drive.com/ has it for 49.99.

Of course issues with patches and no manual or "coin" or whatever, but if you are itchin to play this might be the route to go.

I've used them before and have always been pleased.:)

smack332
03-21-06, 01:47 PM
If you can't wait to get your copy in the mail or whatever.. http://www.direct2drive.com/ has it for 49.99.

Of course issues with patches and no manual or "coin" or whatever, but if you are itchin to play this might be the route to go.

I've used them before and have always been pleased.:)

You had me excited for a sec there. But... US only :(

arioch21
03-21-06, 02:18 PM
this is sure tempting ;p any drawbacks from getting the game this way ?. other then no hands on manuals etc. ?.

(edit) what you mean issues with patches ? ;p

Banko
03-21-06, 02:19 PM
That website would rack in so much more money if it had the games for cheaper. Since there is no packaging or anything why is it still so expensive?

FluxCap
03-21-06, 02:19 PM
You DO get the manual with this, PDF format.

arioch21
03-21-06, 02:21 PM
You DO get the manual with this, PDF format.

yea, what I meant by "hands on" :) I knew would have PDF :)

|MaguS|
03-21-06, 02:28 PM
I got mine off Direct2Drive, It saves me from paying tax and leaving my house. I also wont be required to have a disc in the drive while playing. :D

malachi1313
03-21-06, 02:33 PM
Downloading now. :D I like Direct 2 Drive personally. Had some problems after a WinXP reinstall with SilentHunter III. It wouldn't let me play with the original activation{Starforce crap}. Thank GOD for no-cd patches. Fixed that right away!!!! 1 Hour 20 Minutes to go!!!!

malachi1313
03-21-06, 02:35 PM
this is sure tempting ;p any drawbacks from getting the game this way ?. other then no hands on manuals etc. ?.

(edit) what you mean issues with patches ? ;p

Usually there will be a patch for the Digital Distribution of a game also. You just have to make sure you install the right one.

OWA
03-21-06, 02:56 PM
I've bought Serious Sam II, Lockdown, and King Kong Gamer's Edition from D2D. It's pretty nice. You have to activate it but at least you don't have to have a CD/DVD in the drive.

thunderhippo
03-21-06, 03:13 PM
You have to wait sometimes for D2D patches and updates sometimes. There were some issues with Civ4. Nothing to get in a hissy over though.

killahsin
03-21-06, 03:16 PM
I think that bethseda will be good about patching both versions equally, heh.

FluxCap
03-21-06, 03:18 PM
With D2D, what do you do if you build a new machine and need to download it again or want to play it on the second/new machine? (getting second system soon)

killahsin
03-21-06, 03:32 PM
i always just downloaded it again, after formats and such. i hate backing stuff up constantly

walkndude
03-21-06, 04:09 PM
This is my first time using d2d, transfer rates are hovering at 250-290k/sec with 1.7gb completed...

Are these normal download speeds for this service? Was hoping for faster speeds.

malachi1313
03-21-06, 04:53 PM
This is my first time using d2d, transfer rates are hovering at 250-290k/sec with 1.7gb completed...

Are these normal download speeds for this service? Was hoping for faster speeds.

It depends on how fast your service is. I'm on Comcast and my download hovers between 600-650kps. I had to redownload because first download was corrupt:(

killahsin
03-21-06, 04:56 PM
eh my download is going at 35k =(

walkndude
03-21-06, 05:13 PM
I've got 6mb comcast as well, been spoiled by 700+k downloads... 250k is bummin me out.

thnx for the replies.

malachi1313
03-21-06, 05:31 PM
I've got 6mb comcast as well, been spoiled by 700+k downloads... 250k is bummin me out.

thnx for the replies.

Im still hovering at about 600kps. I guess i'm lucky, except for the corrupted first download:(

thunderhippo
03-21-06, 06:54 PM
I got next day delivery for this game and it still hasnt shown up yet..
6:53pm and counting.. what is it with UPS?

Next time I am just going to do the D2D thing. All I want is the game not a manual or a box or anything.

FluxCap
03-21-06, 07:03 PM
What is the official word on this...can you download it as many times as you want over time? No offense but I want to see that in writing from D2D if possible.

Got my answer:
Using HitPoints Games

What does my license for the game grant me?

While you can download a game as many times as you want, you are only granted two licenses to the game. These licenses are granted in succession, one after the other and you cannot hold the licenses at the same time. The license is valid for one use, on one computer and cannot be shared on another computer. Sharing the license will deactivate it. If you use both licenses due to format or sharing, your ability to use the game will end.

In what circumstances can my license be invalidated?

Your license can be invalidated in several ways. For each game, you can receive two licenses in succession. Once these licenses are used, your ability to use the game will end. A license can be invalidated by:

* Formatting your hard drive or reinstalling Windows
* The use of routers, firewalls, ad blockers, pop-up stoppers that block the Trymedia activation process

How many times can I download the game?

You can download a game as many times as you want, but only one license will be granted and validated at one time on one computer. When you redeem HitPoints for a game, it includes two licenses to be held in succession. The second license replaces the first should your first license become invalidated.

Are HitPoints games compatible with retail expansion packs?

No. Some HitPoints games are protected by Trymedia and are not compatible with retail expansion packs.

arioch21
03-21-06, 07:18 PM
What is the official word on this...can you download it as many times as you want over time? No offense but I want to see that in writing from D2D if possible.

says in their help / faq you can download it as many times as you want or burn it to a cd / dvd.

thunderhippo
03-21-06, 07:45 PM
Whew it finally showed up..
7:46 at night.. geez!

killahsin
03-23-06, 06:00 PM
anyone that got this from direct 2 drive, how exactly did you get the manual? it says it should be listed in the guides section of my account but its not there.

anyone know?