PDA

View Full Version : 360 availability not an issua anymore according to Microsoft

kaltek
03-21-06, 04:17 PM
Let's hope it's true. Lord knows a lot of people have been looking for Premiums like crazy.
http://selectivegamers.com/content/view/366/1/

evilchris
03-21-06, 04:21 PM
80 games by June eh

Geez. If that's true it will be nice. There are like 25 now.

Badboy_12345
03-21-06, 04:51 PM
80 games by June eh

Geez. If that's true it will be nice. There are like 25 now.

could be true many 2006 games havent an offical rls date yet

npras42
03-21-06, 05:56 PM
This is undoubetdly true in the UK. This week I went everywhere looking for the best X360 offers and EVERY SHOP that i tried had some cores and premiums.

I went to TESCO twice in the week so I could do some grocery shopping and at the beginning of the week they had about 20 consoles in total and then on Saturday they had about 8 still. Not sure if they were replenished in that time, but there seems to be no supply issue.

oldsk00l
03-21-06, 07:14 PM
Actually I'd believe this, at 2 stores here between Craig and Steamboat Springs, they are stocked with premiums...that have been sitting there for a week now.

If it's still slim pickings where you are, there are PLENTY here just waiting to be bought.

Big Ev
03-21-06, 09:40 PM
My local Best Buys and Circut City's have a few Xbox 360's kicking around, but they all seem to be Cores.

evilchris
03-22-06, 12:47 AM
They need to DROP the damn Core SKU. Sony is going to kick their ass in this regard. Then again, maybe it doesn't matter because it didn't seem to help the Xbox 1 any over PS2.

msxyz
03-22-06, 02:07 AM
I could find core anywhere since this january here in Italy. Premiums are usually the first to go yet they stay a couple of days on the shelves.

This week, for the first time since the xmas season I saw many places where the consoles were sold out. I guess GRAW and Oblivion are convincing a lot of people to purchase an Xbox

msxyz
03-22-06, 02:12 AM
They need to DROP the damn Core SKU. Sony is going to kick their ass in this regard. Then again, maybe it doesn't matter because it didn't seem to help the Xbox 1 any over PS2.
A premium pack composed of HD-DVD addon + 100MB HD will probably help them more.

GamerGuyX
03-24-06, 08:20 PM
100MB HD

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bitch.gif

LurkerLito
03-25-06, 09:52 AM
A premium pack composed of HD-DVD addon + 100MB HD will probably help them more.

Gotta agree here. The core should have had the 20GB hard Drive and the Premium a 80-120GB HD.

I have to say I am very very disappointed in Project Gotham 3. I was expecting the custom sound track option. I spent a few hours ripping some music the other night and just noticed that PGR 3 doesn't support it!!! I only rented PGR2 on the XBox1 but I could swear it had that feature. If I was rating PGR3 I'd probably have taken at least 2 points out of 10 off for that blunder.

ENU291
03-25-06, 05:47 PM
Gotta agree here. The core should have had the 20GB hard Drive and the Premium a 80-120GB HD.

I have to say I am very very disappointed in Project Gotham 3. I was expecting the custom sound track option. I spent a few hours ripping some music the other night and just noticed that PGR 3 doesn't support it!!! I only rented PGR2 on the XBox1 but I could swear it had that feature. If I was rating PGR3 I'd probably have taken at least 2 points out of 10 off for that blunder.
PGR3 does support custom sound tracks. I plugged in my IPOD and was rockin to my own tunes while racing. You must have missed something when attempting it. Just hit the big grey X button while in the game and select music. Pick the source of your music files (hard drive, mp3 player etc) and you'll be able to listen to your own music while driving.

LurkerLito
03-26-06, 10:03 AM
PGR3 does support custom sound tracks. I plugged in my IPOD and was rockin to my own tunes while racing. You must have missed something when attempting it. Just hit the big grey X button while in the game and select music. Pick the source of your music files (hard drive, mp3 player etc) and you'll be able to listen to your own music while driving.

Hmm I'll check again tonight when I boot up the 360, but I don't remember being able to pick any other device in the options. It just let me pick Rock, Alt. Rock, J-Pop, Industrial, Electronica, etc... from the stuff included on the xbox disc. Maybe I should actually look in the manual ;) but I am playing Fight Night 3 more than my other 2 games.

Badboy_12345
03-26-06, 02:47 PM
u can listen to your own music in any game on the x360..
its built in.
just press the large X button on the controller and choose your music there

LurkerLito
03-27-06, 09:36 AM
I see ... I never actually used anything in the sliver button menu before but the turn off console thing. It is a interesting feature but they need to improve it. It takes over the background music playback but you loose the ability to control it within the game. Like the PGR3 you can't press the next song button you have to back into the 360 music menu. You also lose any songs that are included with the game. Kind of a shame there are one or 2 that I would have liked added to my playlist.