PDA

View Full Version : Wow, no copy protection or keycode.

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
03-21-06, 07:47 PM
What is bethesta thinking? I know they will still make good money on the game, but this game has absolutely ZERO copy protection(that i can tell anyway).

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 07:48 PM
Do you have to have the CD in?

agentkay
03-21-06, 07:48 PM
It has Securom 7 and a no-dvd is out on GCW as well.

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 07:58 PM
Sounds about like how it should be.

You know the game is going to sell like crazy... I bet it will sell better than Morrowind, and that game was a massive hit.

They arent going to punish people for buying the game like most developers do. Piracy is going to happen, why give everyone a reason to dislike your company?

No doubt starforce would have made it a pain in the ass to pirate this game, but IMO Bethesda has too good of a reputation to screw the game up with that.

SH64
03-21-06, 08:30 PM
Makes me even more comfortable to know that my money is going for the right people :thumbsup:

Tygerwoody
03-21-06, 08:59 PM
Makes me even more comfortable to know that my money is going for the right people :thumbsup:
isnt it funny that peice of crap games like Rainbow Six: Lockout use all the copy protection in the world, while this game is actually good and doesnt use any.

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 09:03 PM
isnt it funny that peice of crap games like Rainbow Six: Lockout use all the copy protection in the world, while this game is actually good and doesnt use any.
Its probably because they know that a good game will sell well without rediculous copy protection, and a crappy game will be pirated so people can try it for 5 minutes and then delete it. The more they can do to stop that, the more they make. Hooray for the money hungry ;)

Acid Rain
03-21-06, 09:08 PM
What is bethesta thinking? I know they will still make good money on the game, but this game has absolutely ZERO copy protection(that i can tell anyway).*Welcome to Bethesda Softwarks. Enjoy your game*

Morrowind was protected the same minimal way.

saturnotaku
03-21-06, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't call SecuROM "minimal" protection as it is pretty tough. What I would call it is unintrusive, exactly how it should be.

Q
03-21-06, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't call SecuROM "minimal" protection as it is pretty tough. What I would call it is unintrusive, exactly how it should be.

QFT

Mr. Hunt
03-21-06, 09:19 PM

Yup... I love it too because it is still going to sell like hotcakes.

CaptNKILL
03-21-06, 09:22 PM
You know, as painful as it is waiting so long for this game, Im still glad I ordered from the publisher. I want the full value of the game to go to them (and the developer) for making a good game and not ruining it with stupid protection methods.

Banko
03-21-06, 09:26 PM
It has Securom 7 and a no-dvd is out on GCW as well.
Well on *certain sites* people have just backed this up with Nero and it plays fine with a nero image. Nero isn't good for copy protection either. Oblivion doesn't seem to have anything.

Acid Rain
03-21-06, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't call SecuROM "minimal" protection as it is pretty tough. What I would call it is unintrusive, exactly how it should be.You probably know more about it than I do, by far, but it seems minimal to me as there's a no cd on release with almost every game that uses it. StarNasty, on the other hand...

agentkay
03-21-06, 09:33 PM
Well on *certain sites* people have just backed this up with Nero and it plays fine with a nero image. Nero isn't good for copy protection either. Oblivion doesn't seem to have anything.

Can you start the game without an image/disc in drive? If you canīt, it has to have some kind of copy protection. "Aray Scanner" is a good tool to figure out which copy protection is an .exe file or game disc. I might have been wrong with the Securom7 claim, since I donīt have the game and have not scanned the disc myself and only report 2nd hand stories. My bad.

Banko
03-21-06, 09:37 PM
Can you start the game without an image/disc in drive? If you canīt, it has to have some kind of copy protection. "Aray Scanner" is a good tool to figure out which copy protection is an .exe file or game disc.
Well that but Securom 7 or any protection really shouldn't be able to copied by using Nero. It has never happened. I think it just checks to make sure there are specific files on the disk or maybe an MD5 sum of something on the disc I don't know. Thing is it appears to be a game that you can finally make a good backup of without worrying about the specifc app, burner or etc.

evilchris
03-22-06, 12:08 AM
Yup... I love it too because it is still going to sell like hotcakes.

Do hotcakes sell well?

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:27 AM
Do hotcakes sell well?
Yep :)

evilchris
03-22-06, 12:38 AM
Yep :)

I'll only pay $2 max at Denny's for a triple stack, not freaking $59.99

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:40 AM
I'll only pay $2 max at Denny's for a triple stack, not freaking $59.99
Ah, but does that triple stack come with a gold coin? :)

superklye
03-22-06, 12:40 AM
So...is StarForce going to link to torrents of this game as well?

evilchris
03-22-06, 12:41 AM
Ah, but does that triple stack come with a gold coin? :)

If this thing is gold it's getting melted down immediately, or perhaps I'll wear it around my neck for some bling.

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:48 AM
If this thing is gold it's getting melted down immediately, or perhaps I'll wear it around my neck for some bling.
Yeah, TES Bling is the best kind... I still wear my pewter ordinator on a silver chain around my neck.

Im the kewlest d00d at all of the star trek conventions when I have that bling on.

Phe4r my Indoril Cuirass and Ebony Mace bitch nubzz0rz.

evilchris
03-22-06, 12:50 AM
I'll see your Indoril and Ebony with my Daedric. I can't move though as it weighs 5,000 pounds and I'm out of strength spells. Ah. MW memories.

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:57 AM
I'll see your Indoril and Ebony with my Daedric. I can't move though as it weighs 5,000 pounds and I'm out of strength spells. Ah. MW memories.
No worries, I'll lend you a scroll of Icarian Flight. That should help you get wherever you need to go.

Now excuse me while I run aimlessly at 75Mph through a lava field wearing my boots of blinding speed...