PDA

View Full Version : So how do you freaking level in this game?!?!

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 07:10 AM
In Morrowind, every 10 skill points you make, you earn a level. I played a solid 5 hours yesterday and I am at around 65 skillpoints. I am still level one. What the heck am I suppose to do?

agentkay
03-22-06, 07:11 AM
How many times did you rest in a bed/house?

killahsin
03-22-06, 07:13 AM
if there is a little ^ arrow at the bottom of your hud you have leveled. goto sleep wake up presto.

PaiN
03-22-06, 07:15 AM
Rest(in a bed or Inn) when you get the level up ion by the compass.....
or you could look on pg. 27 of the manual ...... :p

killahsin
03-22-06, 07:17 AM
i bought the game from direct2drive and it was supposed to allow me to download a pdf manual but sadly it never did.

Ninjaman09
03-22-06, 07:37 AM
Yep, you have to rest to gain the level. You had to do that in Morrowind too...:retard:

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 07:40 AM
Yep, you have to rest to gain the level. You had to do that in Morrowind too...:retard:
You did?!?!?! I haven't rested yet, and I never rested in Morrowind. The only time I went to bed in Morrowind was to allow attackers to come after me while I sleep. So where do i sleep at? Can I just sleep on the ground? Will I gain like 6 levels from sleeping since I haven't slept any?

Ninjaman09
03-22-06, 07:42 AM
You have to sleep on a bedroll or bed, you can't just sleep on the ground like in Morrowind. Go to any inn or bandit encampment you find and you should be set.

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 07:45 AM
You have to sleep on a bedroll or bed, you can't just sleep on the ground like in Morrowind. Go to any inn or bandit encampment you find and you should be set.
Will I gain more than one level?

Superfly
03-22-06, 07:59 AM
Will I gain more than one level?

I guess so?, you could always rest again if not??

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 08:07 AM
I guess so?, you could always rest again if not??
lame. Resting makes you soft.

Superfly
03-22-06, 08:10 AM
nah I think its a good way of doing it

Ninjaman09
03-22-06, 08:14 AM
Yeah you can gain more than one level, but I think you need to rest each time.

MaXThReAT
03-22-06, 10:15 AM
I was reading the manual last night as I passed out. You have to sleep to level up. Didn't even notice as I was playing for 6 hours strait. If you have 5 levels due you get all 5 levels in one rest and all the new points that come with each level to assign to your skills or attributes.

Zelda_fan
03-22-06, 12:24 PM
You did?!?!?! I haven't rested yet, and I never rested in Morrowind. The only time I went to bed in Morrowind was to allow attackers to come after me while I sleep. So where do i sleep at? Can I just sleep on the ground? Will I gain like 6 levels from sleeping since I haven't slept any?

lol you have to rest bro. The next time you lie down on a bed, you're going to level 6 times lol

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:34 PM
I just thought of something thatd be kind of interesting to try.

I know the game world doesnt change dramatically on its own, but I wonder what would happen if you went and slept for like... 6 months. Itd be interesting to look for little changes in how things are, like people walking in different areas of the town, shops selling different items, someone who is in jail now because they stole something, other people who are OUT of jail because their sentances were up.

Pretty cool if you think about it :)

pkirby11
03-22-06, 12:34 PM
Yes but you have to rest for each level. There is an icon in your hud that show's you've leveled, so just keep reting until that goes away. :D

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 03:12 PM
yea, i gained 6 levels... i rested 6 times to do it though :)