PDA

View Full Version : 84.25 drivers released

techfloyd
03-22-06, 12:34 PM
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/84.25/84.25_forceware_winxp2k_english.exe

Haven't installed this one yet. Will try to do some perf. comparisons with this driver and the old one (84.20).

Enjoy !

CaptNKILL
03-22-06, 12:35 PM
w00t! Downloading now :D

nrs421
03-22-06, 12:51 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66843

Buenamos
03-22-06, 12:56 PM
I don't notice any speed increase, still runs craptacular...:thumbdwn:

ElderDruid
03-22-06, 01:05 PM

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

|MaguS|
03-22-06, 01:07 PM

Runs fine for me even without these drivers...

ElderDruid
03-22-06, 01:18 PM
Runs fine for me even without these drivers...

I'm looking for 30+FPS outdoors with 4xAA, 8xAF, all details cranked, and INI file adjustments that eliminate those craptacular LoD textures. I don't think that's too much to ask.

|MaguS|
03-22-06, 01:19 PM
I'm looking for 30+FPS outdoors with 4xAA, 8xAF, all details cranked, and INI file adjustments that eliminate those craptacular LoD textures. I don't think that's too much to ask.

God I hope your sarcastic...

ElderDruid
03-22-06, 01:21 PM
God I hope your sarcastic...

I'm actually quite serious.

What do your frame rates average outdoors and what settings are you using?

Ninjaman09
03-22-06, 01:23 PM
Runs the same for me! Oh wait...:angel:

ElderDruid
03-22-06, 01:25 PM
I'm actually quite serious.

What do your frame rates average outdoors and what settings are you using?

I should also mention that with those settings, I currently get around 20FPS outdoors. Is a 50% increase possible through driver optimizations? Maybe?

|MaguS|
03-22-06, 01:30 PM
I don't care to run FRAPS, The game is smooth enough for me. I get not pausing or stuttering.

techfloyd
03-22-06, 01:33 PM
Nope. No real improvements atleast on my 7800 GTX 256. The outdoor FPS pretty much remains the same (an improvement of 2-3 FPS at max). The textures still look craptacular without the ini tweaks. I am using the ini tweaks and getting just about 30FPS outdoors (with real wide swinging dips). The HDR really causes high variability in the FPS. Bloom+AA is much better (35 fps outdoors, much more stable) but the colors look washed out compared to HDR so I am not so sure about using that.

The other thing I noticed on my system was the real huge mouse lag in outdoor areas. Might be a mouse problem (I have a crappy one). Anyone else noticing that ?

Edit:
In the area with a lot of horses (one of the stables I think), the frame rate drops to 12 !

I am running at 1280x1024 16xAF. All sliders max except ext. shadows. Self-shadowing off as it looks like crap.

killahsin
03-22-06, 02:09 PM

I would say that is getting close to to much to ask considering the amount of edges that you want to ahve aa on them, since you increased the lod cut in distance.

I think people are really getting carried away by what they expect the game will be able to do on their rigs.

Tygerwoody
03-22-06, 04:16 PM
I am running at 1280x1024 16xAF. All sliders max except ext. shadows. Self-shadowing off as it looks like crap.
jesus, When the hell will you people learn. Dont you see something WRONG here? "uhhh duhhh, I don no how ta fix my copuder. It jus run so slow... uhhhh"

Its a brand new game and you are sporting 16af :rolleyes:

techfloyd
03-22-06, 04:27 PM
jesus, When the hell will you people learn. Dont you see something WRONG here? "uhhh duhhh, I don no how ta fix my copuder. It jus run so slow... uhhhh"

Its a brand new game and you are sporting 16af :rolleyes:

Well, who's complaining ? I am very well aware of the performance hit that AF causes. I was just stating that drivers didn't really cause that big a difference in the performance. I'm not a n00b. You assume too much outlander. :)

Or, maybe you mean that the reason I don't see a diff. in perf. with drivers is the AF ? Will try that out once I get back home.

FierceDeityLink
03-22-06, 05:35 PM
These drivers just made my NVIDIA control panel freeze when I try to load it (or uninstall from Add/Remove Programs). This was after an uninstall of the previous drivers, running of Driver Cleaner Pro, and install in safe mode.

I guess I'll try it again with the download from NZone.

lapino
03-23-06, 06:45 AM
Still got the very annoying but that my 20" widescreen TFT goes to 75hz (resulting in a garbled screen which reverts back to normal after 15sec) when choosing anything other than "monitor scaling" in the "flat panel settings" tab.