PDA

View Full Version : Stststuttering

ruziel
03-22-06, 09:43 PM
Anyone getting stuttering with a 7800gt? FPS is fine, just pretty bad stuttering with HDR or bloom. Atm playing on 1280x1024 auto detect ultra high setting with hdr/bloom/aa all off. Indoors and inside cities there is zero stuttering, when outside it gets the worst. =(

specs

asus a8n-sli
3200+ @ 2.2gig
evga 7800gt @ 480/1.18 84.25
2gig corsair
x-fi xtreme music
western digi raptor

jAkUp
03-22-06, 09:46 PM
Yea mine stutters sometimes too, especially when on Horeseback, or moving very quickly. I think its streaming the data.

Marvel_us
03-22-06, 10:03 PM
Same here. I get some stuttering every now and then. Nothing major though.

de><ta
03-23-06, 12:02 AM
When I first installed the game, it was stuttering like crazy. I defragged my harddrive and all of the stuttering disappeared with the exception of the sound. It stutters whenever a certain music plays. :confused:

I checked the Oblivion sounds.bsa file for fragmentation (with Perfect disk) and it was fragmented still (after defragging). Going to try it out again.

-=DVS=-
03-23-06, 01:37 AM
Im guessing Game is not takeing use of 2gigs of ram or 1 gig for that matter , its streaming little by little , we gotta thank for that to Xbox 360 :( , someone should try messing with INI settings to increase how much stuff it reloads ( would prolly increase load times thought )

jAkUp
03-23-06, 01:53 AM
I actually would not mind the load times... they are extremely quick. I would sacrifice some seconds of loading to get more of the level loaded up.

ruziel
03-23-06, 02:12 AM
When I first installed the game, it was stuttering like crazy. I defragged my harddrive and all of the stuttering disappeared with the exception of the sound. It stutters whenever a certain music plays. :confused:

I checked the Oblivion sounds.bsa file for fragmentation (with Perfect disk) and it was fragmented still (after defragging). Going to try it out again.

Hrm, I'll try that.

killahsin
03-23-06, 05:29 AM
yes i think that in the end the filesystem will have to be slightly redesigned. Lets hope bethseda does it, but even if they don't the game is still amazing. As for the way the game streams data i believe that has nothing to do with the xbox and everything to do with the way the engine renders outdoor enviorment grids for high details in real time.