PDA

View Full Version : Old Problem Revisted

seeker
03-22-06, 09:23 PM
I posted before about a problem where some of the System Devices in XP showed that some of them had no drivers installed. Since then, I have had the motherboard replaced, and also replaced the OS from XP x32 to XP x64, but I still have a similar problem. I think that the list of problem devices is a little shorter, and even though the first tab says that no driver is installed, the driver tab now lists the driver by number, and all of the devices in question, show exactly the same driver, which is Microsoft 5.2.3790.1830 dated 10-1-02. At this point, I do not know whether to point my finger at the motherboard or at Microsoft. Does anyone have any ideas?

seeker
03-24-06, 02:10 PM
Any chance you could post a screen cap of your device manager?
Of course, I would do that, but I do not understand what that would accomplish. The problem devices all appear normal, until you open the properties on them. Therefore, I would have to post 9 screenshots to show you the problems. I found the list of these from the old motherboard that I returned, and it was identical to now, except that the driver information on the driver tab is different. I now realize that this number is not discreet for a particular driver, but is the number of the OS itself.

Starscream
04-06-06, 09:35 AM
Of course, I would do that, but I do not understand what that would accomplish. The problem devices all appear normal, until you open the properties on them. Therefore, I would have to post 9 screenshots to show you the problems. I found the list of these from the old motherboard that I returned, and it was identical to now, except that the driver information on the driver tab is different. I now realize that this number is not discreet for a particular driver, but is the number of the OS itself.

Not to hijack the thread, but Seeker I've seen you mention this several times now. If what you're seeing is the same as the screenshot I've attached this is perfectly NORMAL and nothing to worry about.

seeker
04-11-06, 03:22 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but Seeker I've seen you mention this several times now. If what you're seeing is the same as the screenshot I've attached this is perfectly NORMAL and nothing to worry about.
I had lost track of this thread, so I'm a bit late responding. Yes, the problem is similar to the picture in your attachment, but it involves a number of devices, not one. You could be right about it not being something to be concerned about, but I doubt it, because XP is giving me some very significant problems...it even gives me large scale errors keeping time. Also, if this were not serious, I would not understand why the Asus tech support gave me so many problems advising me on this. They also considered the problems serious.

However, I just got my replacement of my MSI motherboard, and I will probably just install it, and write this one off.

Starscream
04-11-06, 05:41 PM
I had lost track of this thread, so I'm a bit late responding. Yes, the problem is similar to the picture in your attachment, but it involves a number of devices, not one. You could be right about it not being something to be concerned about, but I doubt it, because XP is giving me some very significant problems...it even gives me large scale errors keeping time. Also, if this were not serious, I would not understand why the Asus tech support gave me so many problems advising me on this. They also considered the problems serious.

However, I just got my replacement of my MSI motherboard, and I will probably just install it, and write this one off.

There are NUMEROUS devices like that on every system in my office and likely all of the hundreds I have built and sold.

Clearly you have a broken piece of hardware causing your problems. I think it's very likely that this doesn't have anything to do with it though.