PDA

View Full Version : My back hurts

Sidric
03-22-06, 11:41 PM
Sup guys, looking to buy a new(lighter) case. I figured I would post a thread here as I always get good suggestions from you guys.

I've got a few choices, but I'm not really sure what to go with yet. I've been eyeing Antec's P180 for awhile, as well as some of Lian Li's offerings. Basically I'm looking for something roomy, to accomade several drives as well as SLI. Only stickler is it has to be light, as I do move my machine around for LAN parties and such. Now just because I'm cutting back on the weight doesn't mean I want to cut on quality. I want decent cooling and well-made construction. Is that really too much ask? I hope not.

So what you all think? Does such a case exist?

einstein_314
03-23-06, 12:01 AM
Lol, if you want something light, Don't get the Antec P180. My room mate got one a couple of months ago and it's 40lbs without anything in it. I'd recommend something made of aluminum. I have a Lian-Li PC65U and love it (it's only 10lbs). I don't think they make that model anymore but the PC60B is pretty much the same case. jAkUp actually recently got the PC60B I think. Anyways, as I said, aluminum is the way to go for LAN's.

And the quality is exceptional on Lian-Li's. (I guess that's what you are paying for :D) It's definately worth the money.

Sidric
03-23-06, 12:07 AM
Yea I was leaning more and more towards the Lian Li. I liked the Antec P180 because I heard of its cooling qualities, and I figured it would be fairly light considering its size but I guess not.

I'm 99% sure I'm gonna pick up a Lian Li, just wasn't sure of how much room they had. I mean I'm coming from a Stacker, which has so much room I could fit an oversized cat in it so, I guess thats why I'm a little leery on how much room I need. Thanks for the suggestion.

einstein_314
03-23-06, 12:49 AM
I would definately say the lian-li will be more cramped than you are used to. There are times I wish I had more room. I'm thinking about getting one of the Lian-Li PC-V1000's. They seem to be quite spacious. But that being said, I have 3 hard drives, card reader, floppy drive, 2 optical drives, X-fi front bay, 2x SLI 7800gtx's, all in mine. The airflow is pretty good too.

|JuiceZ|
03-23-06, 01:56 PM
I would definately say the lian-li will be more cramped than you are used to. There are times I wish I had more room. I'm thinking about getting one of the Lian-Li PC-V1000's. They seem to be quite spacious. But that being said, I have 3 hard drives, card reader, floppy drive, 2 optical drives, X-fi front bay, 2x SLI 7800gtx's, all in mine. The airflow is pretty good too.

If you go with the Lian-Li PC-V1000, trust me you won't be disappointed :cool:

Sidric
03-23-06, 09:32 PM
Thanks again for the suggestion einstein, got myself a modded (http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-191.html) Lian Li PC65B from FrozenCpu. I've always heard of the insane quality of the Lian Li's, hope mine follows suit.

nV`andrew
03-23-06, 09:36 PM
aw i was goona say my p-160wf is lighter than shizzle. barely heavier than my laptops (nana2) ....

einstein_314
03-23-06, 09:43 PM
Thanks again for the suggestion einstein, got myself a modded (http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-191.html) Lian Li PC65B from FrozenCpu. I've always heard of the insane quality of the Lian Li's, hope mine follows suit.
Sweet!! Hope you like it. That's the exact case I have but mine doesn't have the side fans and mine's silver. :thumbsup:

jAkUp
03-23-06, 11:02 PM
I was just about to chime in and say Lian Li :D Excellent choice.

keith33
03-23-06, 11:13 PM
Good choice, my back hurts from lugging the P180 around, this thing needs a forklift.

Sidric
03-26-06, 02:19 AM
WOOO, rig is built. I'll try and get some pics on here tomorrow. looking to replace some of the fan grills as well as add some additional lighting. all in all I'm very impressed with this case. and it is MUCH lighter, thank goodness. thanks again for your guys' input.

mullet
03-26-06, 07:11 AM
Nice Case man congrates.

Dazz
03-26-06, 02:51 PM
Luckly i don't move my case much as it's atleast 40Kg loaded (17Kg empty)and that an alaminum case :eek: Coolermaster RC830 3x 120mm fans 4x 140mm fans 4 Raptor drives 2 DVD RW + 680w PSU.

LBJM
03-27-06, 06:40 PM
If you go with the Lian-Li PC-V1000, trust me you won't be disappointed :cool:

aww man you changed your avatar pic :lol: