PDA

View Full Version : Lets play Alchemy!!!

Tygerwoody
03-23-06, 09:21 AM
Ok, so I'm a newb to all this Alchemist stuff. I have a TON of ingrediants on my body. What are some mixes for good potions?

Also what are some ingrediants that I should grab everytime I see? Like rare ingrediants. I'll try and keep a list updated here for anyone that needs it

Recipe for useful potions:

Rare Ingrediants to watch out for:

killahsin
03-23-06, 09:23 AM
Haha this would be agreat thread if everyone contributed to the cause.

so what I'm trying to say is yes everyone contribute their findings to potions. alchemy in this game is awesome.

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 11:56 AM
Recipe for useful potions: Rare Ingrediants to watch out for:

Their might be a bug in the game, or I have made some weird potions. I made a few bottles of burden which showed up as pink, or purple. So in the middle of a battle I go and grab them to apply to my weapon, and instead I drink it. Then I become encumbered and can't move, but I did have at least three ingredients.

Flax seeds has to be on the top of my list, it's common but is used to cure magicka. Also venison is really good, you know those dear you keep seeing if you hunt them you get venison. Also use common items like potatoes, and corn in your mixes, used with rat meat it make a good damage potion.

When I run through the woods I pick up everything I can, then have a master sit down and go through all the ingredients use up every thing I can.

I don't know about you but when I first started playing I upped the difficulty, at some places I can't even kill a monster without having to use potions, or magicka.

Gnu_Raiz

CaptNKILL
03-23-06, 12:38 PM
Their might be a bug in the game, or I have made some weird potions. I made a few bottles of burden which showed up as pink, or purple. So in the middle of a battle I go and grab them to apply to my weapon, and instead I drink it. Then I become encumbered and can't move, but I did have at least three ingredients.

Not sure if this is whats causing your problem, but if you have 3 ingredients that have similar advantages but ALSO have similar disadvantages, you will get a potion that has both good and bad effects. You have to get a better Alembic to reduce the negative effects of the potion.

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 12:49 PM
That might be it, or in other words you choose poorly! I guess I need to watch what goes into it, but then why not make it a poison? For instance if bad effect is > then good effect then item is poison. Which was the result I wanted, and the name implies, burden.

When I was mixing the potion I wanted a burden with long effects, so is this feature or bug?

Gnu_Raiz

killahsin
03-23-06, 12:52 PM
its a feature.

Vapor Trail
03-23-06, 01:15 PM
Here's a link to an awesome alchemy FAQ. Includes a nearly complete ingredient list. :)

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetelderscrolls/topic.asp?fid=16704&tid=1859132

and another

http://oblivion.melian.cc/?cmd=cmdOblivionAlchemyFAQ

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 01:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the links, great find!

Gnu_Raiz