PDA

View Full Version : Cooking?

J-Mag
03-23-06, 11:05 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you can cook raw meat for additional benefit...
Anyone know how to do it?

killahsin
03-23-06, 11:06 AM
alchemy uses meat i believe

J-Mag
03-23-06, 11:32 AM
alchemy uses meat i believe

Yeah I assumed that was the case, but I could have sworn that I read somewhere you can use the meat on a fire or something...

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 11:43 AM
I did kill a few enemy's which had silver forks, which I thought was weird. So maybe it is possible. So far I use the meat in my potions, or like venison just eat it raw, to get a few health points back.

Gnu_Raiz

J-Mag
03-23-06, 11:50 AM
I did kill a few enemy's which had silver forks, which I thought was weird. So maybe it is possible. So far I use the meat in my potions, or like venison just eat it raw, to get a few health points back.

Gnu_Raiz

I think the silver forks are just basic loot... BTW, anyone know how to drop things on the ground?

Ancient
03-23-06, 11:53 AM
BTW, anyone know how to drop things on the ground?
Just click and drag it out of the inventory window. Make sure you have enough room in front of you to drop the item though.

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 12:01 PM
When you become encumbered, in order to lessen your load select the item you need then shift+left click will drop it from your inventory. Or left click and hold mouse button will do the same thing, but you will have the item in front of you.

Also don't forget to use your hot keys hold down the number 1-8 as your weapon or item is selected and left click. Then as you fight you just press the hotkey you assigned to change weapons.

What I do is have a bow as number 1 sword as number 2, and so forth then I load a potion such as damage health on each weapon. I then sneak up on the enemy, use the bow with poison, then switch to my weapon by the time I have gone to about my third weapon the enemy is dead.

Gnu_Raiz

J-Mag
03-23-06, 12:09 PM
When you become encumbered, in order to lessen your load select the item you need then shift+left click will drop it from your inventory. Or left click and hold mouse button will do the same thing, but you will have the item in front of you.

Yesterday I was just dropping everything in crates or chests that were near by when I got encumbered, it hink this might be a method to keep loot from disappearing anyway...

I then sneak up on the enemy, use the bow with poison, then switch to my weapon by the time I have gone to about my third weapon the enemy is dead.

Yeah thankfull the negative potions are actually useful, unlike in morrowind...

Ancient
03-23-06, 12:33 PM
If you Shift+left-click, do you still have to have room in front of you for the object or does it discard it anywhere around you where there's room?

Yesterday I was just dropping everything in crates or chests that were near by when I got encumbered, it hink this might be a method to keep loot from disappearing anyway...
I store excess items that I want to keep around in the chests of the Guilds I've joined. Hopefully that won't create a problem like in Morrowind where I stored items in a chest in Aldruhn and when I tried to grab a few to sell I was accused of stealing and attacked by the Guild Mages.

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 12:42 PM
If you Shift+left-click, do you still have to have room in front of you for the object or does it discard it anywhere around you where there's room?

It just falls all around you, I haven't had a problem with it yet.

[/QUOTE]
I store excess items that I want to keep around in the chests of the Guilds I've joined. Hopefully that won't create a problem like in Morrowind where I stored items in a chest in Aldruhn and when I tried to grab a few to sell I was accused of stealing and attacked by the Guild Mages.[/QUOTE]

I will need to try that, but most of the time I haven't had the desire to go back to a place once its been cleaned out.

Gnu_Raiz

Ancient
03-23-06, 01:13 PM
It just falls all around you, I haven't had a problem with it yet.
I'll have to try that instead. The click and drag method can be a bit problematic if you're not positioned right.

I will need to try that, but most of the time I haven't had the desire to go back to a place once its been cleaned out.

Gnu_Raiz
It was easy and quick enough to teleport between the Mage Guilds in Morrowind, so it wasn't that much of a pain.

In Oblivion you can travel anywhere in a snap, so it's no biggy. I try to keep one location though or I start forgetting where I have stuff stashed. There's nothing more frustrating than finding out you need an item to complete a quest, then can't remember where you stored it. :o