PDA

View Full Version : Quest or not to Quest!

Gnu_Raiz
03-23-06, 11:36 AM
Ok fellow travelers I haven't met a quest I haven't turned down. It seems that certain quests take a certain skill set, as well as a certain level.

For instance the Quest:

Go Fish:
-----------

You need to get 12 Rumare SlaughterFish scales.

When you go to the lake you find a boat, but you can't use it. If you have the fishing clothes you still have to jump in the lake and swim around and try to find the fish. When you use magicka to detect life, you can see the fish if its close to the dock you can shoot it and hurt it. But I must of had like 40 arrows shot, and it registered on the fish, with the little half moon but no death.

I did manage to kill one fish near shore, and gained two scales, but I need 10 more.

Conclusion: In order to have the greatest success you need to be able to breathe under water with spells, or be an Argonian.
---------

Quest:

Caught in the Hunt: Bravil city:
--------
Find Aleron, talk to Kurdan gro-Dragol orc:

Ok found Kurdan, tried to talk with him he says no, start a fight get killed badly. Used speech skills on him, seem not to work.

Conclusion: need higher level, or more speech skills.

------

I have other quests also but those are the two that seem to get nowhere fast. I guess I could buy the big manual, but I hate those things I like to find things on my own.

So if anyone has solved those quests, please post a solution.

Also post Quests that you really liked, and what kind of swag you got.

Thanks;

Gnu_Raiz

oneils
03-23-06, 09:05 PM
Ok fellow travelers I haven't met a quest I haven't turned down. It seems that certain quests take a certain skill set, as well as a certain level.

For instance the Quest:

Go Fish:
-----------

You need to get 12 Rumare SlaughterFish scales.

When you go to the lake you find a boat, but you can't use it. If you have the fishing clothes you still have to jump in the lake and swim around and try to find the fish. When you use magicka to detect life, you can see the fish if its close to the dock you can shoot it and hurt it. But I must of had like 40 arrows shot, and it registered on the fish, with the little half moon but no death.

I did manage to kill one fish near shore, and gained two scales, but I need 10 more.

Conclusion: In order to have the greatest success you need to be able to breathe under water with spells, or be an Argonian.
---------

Quest:

Caught in the Hunt: Bravil city:
--------
Find Aleron, talk to Kurdan gro-Dragol orc:

Ok found Kurdan, tried to talk with him he says no, start a fight get killed badly. Used speech skills on him, seem not to work.

Conclusion: need higher level, or more speech skills.

------

I have other quests also but those are the two that seem to get nowhere fast. I guess I could buy the big manual, but I hate those things I like to find things on my own.

So if anyone has solved those quests, please post a solution.

Also post Quests that you really liked, and what kind of swag you got.

Thanks;

Gnu_Raiz

I completed that first quest you mentioned as a lvl 1 crusader. I just jumped in the lake and used my sword. Just swim up to them. You can find them with your compass if the quest is activated. Their location will be a green triangle. They are tough though. You will have to heal each time you kill one. I just used the default heal spell you get in the beginning (or does this just come with the crusader class?). Anyway, its definately doable.

As for the second quest...not sure...haven't done that one yet.

If you are looking for combat experience...try the Arena. If you are looking to increase your speechcraft....you will have to just keep at it. I am level 2 now and my speechcraft has gone from 5 to 25. It's a minor skill...so it does not effect my level...but I can increase my personality quickly.

Best advice I can give is to try out the quests in or around Imperial City and don't give up.

Gnu_Raiz
03-24-06, 09:48 AM
Thats what I did I jumped in the lake, and followed the green arrows, but I died too soon. I will try when I get a little higher level, I am a battle mage and its tough right now.

Gnu_Raiz