PDA

View Full Version : Sidebanding On Or Off?

XDanger
03-23-06, 12:56 PM
it looks like I'll have to flash some modified bios into my v9999 td to turn off sidebanding to try to remedy a lockup issue ,but ..is it worth it ? and can i try some other bios - gt or whatever , or should i just not bother. will changing my voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 be of any use or frazzle the card.. too many questions i know . Any advice??

XDanger
03-24-06, 01:55 PM
thats a no then i guess lol

jimmor
03-25-06, 09:53 AM
it looks like I'll have to flash some modified bios into my v9999 td to turn off sidebanding to try to remedy a lockup issue ,but ..is it worth it ? and can i try some other bios - gt or whatever , or should i just not bother. will changing my voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 be of any use or frazzle the card.. too many questions i know . Any advice??
You can't, and shouldn't, turn off "sidebanding" since it is hard wired into your card's AGP v3 spec !

You could however see if turning off "fastwrites" helps with your particular problem ?

And changing core volts from 1.2 to 1.3v will not frazzle you card. However usually only necessary if overclocking to 400 levels. And therefore should only be done on cards using good heatsinking !