PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six: Vegas

Quickstar
03-23-06, 12:02 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=8&mt=0&cId=3148590&mId=2770792

Here's the good news for Raven Shield fans. The guy who produced Raven Shield is making this new one, so hopefully the series will make a return for hardcore gamers. Hopefully no more of this "health" bar crap. I loved the precision and danger that was in Raven Shield.

toxikneedle
03-23-06, 12:09 PM
http://www.1up.com/media?id=2770789&type=lg

lol nice "ingame" screenshot

LiquidX
03-23-06, 12:29 PM
....Hopefully no more of this "health" bar crap.

Nope, this time around your health regenerates like in Halo.

Quickstar
03-23-06, 12:33 PM

God damnit. Where did you hear this?

Also, why do you have 'in-game' in quotation?

Q
03-23-06, 12:50 PM

HA HA HA HA! :D

He was joking!!!! Making fun of how bad the last one was, Quickstar.

LiquidX wasn't that far off, though.... You can take MANY more shots than you could in RS or even Lockdown.

Of course, you walk a bit slower, bits of skin come off as you get shot showing your metal skeleton, and the theme from T2: Judgement Day plays. So it kind of takes away from the tactical theme.

LiquidX
03-23-06, 01:27 PM
Haha actually I wasnt kidding. This written up based on what was in the last months EGM. But after checking the forums its seems this feature may go because of the amount of fans against it but I think it will stick around for the console versions.

Here are the facts:

- the game has been in development for nearly 2 years now

- after the debacle known as Suckdown...I mean Lockdown, development was taken away from Red Storm and given to Ubi-Montreal

- you will play as one character, don't ask me his name because I didn't care to remember it - all I remember is that it was some generic tough-guy white man name (Ding Chavez does make a return though)

- you will have 2 or 3 teammates who will have unique (ie, "cliche") personalities

- the game will be presented using the "Half-Life" (yes that is exactly what they said) style of storytelling using only the first-person perspective and no cutscenes (not that there were very many cutscenes in the previous games anyway)

- the game will have lots of destructability/interactivity in the environments and you will be able to do stuff like rappel down the sides of buildings and fast-rope out of choppers

- it appears that there will be no pre-mission planning phase (just like Suckdown) rather you will issue commands "on-the-fly" (like in Raven Shield)

- it will be a more "cinematic" presentation as your teammates will engage in conversations and ARGUE during the missions

Let me stop right there for a second. Conversations? ARGUE? These are elite counterterrorist operatives. They don't argue or converse with one another on a mission. Do you know what happens in real life if you "converse" or "argue" on a mission such as this? YOU ****ING DIE - THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU!!!

- game is not using any form of the Unreal engine that previous R6 games used nor is it using the GR:AW engine, it's using its own graphics engine.

And here is the kicker that about caused me to laugh/cry/vomit/scream simultaneously was I was reading the article at Borders:

THE GAME WILL FEATURE A "HALO-STYLE" HEALTH SYSTEM WHERE YOU WILL RECOVER YOUR HEALTH IF YOU STAY OUT OF THE ACTION FOR A BIT!!!

agentkay
03-23-06, 01:31 PM
rofl @ UBI. Thanks for posting LiquidX!

Agentkay - die hard R6 fan (minus Suckdown)

Lfctony
03-23-06, 02:35 PM
Oh for God's sake...

Q
03-23-06, 02:43 PM
Haha actually I wasnt kidding.

:bugeyes:

I really really thought you were kidding...or at least I was hoping you were.

Awesome. One of my favorite series is crashing and burning at a breakneck pace.

toxikneedle
03-23-06, 03:05 PM
While it does suck that they are taking realism elements out of RS, that's not what makes a game suck. Lockdown could have all the realism it wants and it still sucks. Raven Shield could have a regen system and it is still awesome. I won't jump to conclusion on this game and I still have faith in Ubi montreal.... let's wait til E3 for some vids/screenies.

Q
03-23-06, 03:06 PM
While it does suck that they are taking realism elements out of RS, that's not what makes a game suck. Lockdown could have all the realism it wants and it still sucks. Raven Shield could have a regen system and it is still awesome. I won't jump to conclusion on this game and I still have faith in Ubi montreal.... let's wait til E3 for some vids/screenies.

Eh..good point. I'm honestly a fan of the Halo regen system, I just don't know if it has a place in the R6 arena. Raven Shield could have pulled off the regen system, so I shouldn't judge so quickly.

jAkUp
03-27-06, 02:49 AM
Yea I don't like that idea.

For a franchise that used to be about realism, an "automatic regen system" is retarded and has absolutely no place in the Rainbow Six arena.

The Rainbow Six series is a joke now. Raven-Shield was one of my favorite games of all time, and that Lockdown garbage was horrible.

I have never seen a franchise do such a 180 turn.

Do console gamers consider Lockdown a sucky game? Just curious, I sure hope they consider it sucky too. They seem to follow the demands of the console gamer now, hopefully they did not like it so we can get back to the good ol Rainbow Six.

toxikneedle
03-27-06, 06:53 AM
Yea I don't like that idea.

For a franchise that used to be about realism, an "automatic regen system" is retarded and has absolutely no place in the Rainbow Six arena.

The Rainbow Six series is a joke now. Raven-Shield was one of my favorite games of all time, and that Lockdown garbage was horrible.

I have never seen a franchise do such a 180 turn.

Do console gamers consider Lockdown a sucky game? Just curious, I sure hope they consider it sucky too. They seem to follow the demands of the console gamer now, hopefully they did not like it so we can get back to the good ol Rainbow Six.
I see it being called Suckdown just as much on Xbox forum just as much as i dont think anyone liked it.

As far as a franchise doing a 180 turn, well that is because after Raven Shield got ported to console, it sold more and got more popular and they have Black Arrow out after that, and all that other crap. Lockdown was just a Rainbow 6 made for consoles in mind.

j0j081
03-27-06, 06:55 PM
Hmm maybe I should bust out Raven Shield. I got it for free with my soundcard a couple years ago. Is it worth playing when compared to all the latest fps that have now watered down the gaming experience?

Peoples-Agent
03-27-06, 08:20 PM
Absolutely, cracking game.

That and Swat 4 plus X Pack got a place on my shelf forever.
I can't stop playing games like these, i'm hoping GRAW will finally help me let go lol

nV`andrew
03-27-06, 08:55 PM
drop ubi and make a raven shield 2