PDA

View Full Version : Glitch w/ Oblivion player models

Severian126
03-23-06, 12:53 PM
I'm using a Geforce 6800 Ultra with the newest beta 84.25 driver.
P4 3.2 GHz w/ 1 G of ram, etc. etc.

I'm having some bad glitching/abstract on the player models of Oblivion. The environment/surroundings is good, but the player models have abstracts all over the body, appearing in dozen places off and on, and at random spots. It's annoying and makes it pretty hard to play the game. However, when the game is paused and the characters are not moving, this doesn't occur.

The same thing happens in the FEAR and Riddick player models. I have tried turning off Fastwrite, setting my aperture to 64 MB, using Driver Cleaner to clean out some junk and reinstall various versions of Forceware but this doesn't seem to help. My other games run perfectly, like World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2, Doom 3. Any ideas? I really want to get back to Oblivion and play it w/out these problems. :( Please help!

agentkay
03-23-06, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you´re seeing the awesome selfshadowing feature. ;) Disable it, and everything should be fine and you might gain a few fps as well. If thats not it, post screenshots!

Severian126
03-23-06, 01:12 PM
Sounds like you´re seeing the awesome selfshadowing feature. ;) Disable it, and everything should be fine and you might gain a few fps as well. If thats not it, post screenshots!

Haven't tried that yet. Um, how do I disable it? LOL, sorry if I sound like a newb, but I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this. I meant to post screenies, but I made this post at work and will provide screens as soon as I get home if the problem persists.

Thank you much for the response. :)

agentkay
03-23-06, 01:14 PM
Haven't tried that yet. Um, how do I disable it? LOL, sorry if I sound like a newb, but I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this. I meant to post screenies, but I made this post at work and will provide screens as soon as I get home if the problem persists.

Thank you much for the response. :)

It should be an ingame setting. I don´t have the damn game yet, so I can´t tell you WHERE it exactly is. :dying because of not having OB yet:

PaiN
03-23-06, 01:25 PM
I had some strange "banding" shadows on models(especially animals) I turned some shadowing options off in the video options(sorry I'm at work and don't remember which) for a fix.

killahsin
03-23-06, 05:19 PM
selfshadowing needs to be turned off lol its horrible,

OWA
03-23-06, 05:32 PM
I had some strange "banding" shadows on models(especially animals) I turned some shadowing options off in the video options(sorry I'm at work and don't remember which) for a fix.
I saw that also but I just went to the options and changed the ext shadow option. I lowered it to about mid-way and it fixed it. I then gradually increased it until I was back at max (would bump it up and check, repeat, etc.) and things were still fine. An annoying work-around but it seemed to work.

killahsin
03-23-06, 05:39 PM
OT OWA can you check your ini for these settings?

bAllowPartialPrecision= and the bAllow30Shaders=

what are yours set to by default?

Severian126
03-24-06, 01:30 AM
Self shadowing doesn't fix the problem :( it seems the more lightsource (ie: torch) near a player model, the more of these glitches start appearing. It's annoying and I can't find the solution to this.

agentkay
03-24-06, 02:44 AM
Self shadowing doesn't fix the problem :( it seems the more lightsource (ie: torch) near a player model, the more of these glitches start appearing. It's annoying and I can't find the solution to this.

Overheating artifacts? Post screenies. :)

OWA
03-24-06, 09:11 AM
OT OWA can you check your ini for these settings?

bAllowPartialPrecision= and the bAllow30Shaders=

what are yours set to by default?
It is set to 1 and 0 on both systems. I tried playing around with the 30 shaders part a while but with what I was testing, I didn't see much of a difference. I didn't try the partial precision option to see how it affects things though.

-=DVS=-
03-24-06, 10:32 AM
Think i found a bug can anyone try walking thro this area, when i try my character starts jumping in the air repeatedly and i can't move also saw one of the bandits stuck in the loop.
Specificaly between my Toon arrow and the mouse pointer.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9019/bug4ru.jpg

Edit: heh NeverMind reloading game fixed it :p crazy isn't it.