PDA

View Full Version : Advice for my first PCIE motherboard

betterdan
03-23-06, 10:03 PM
Ok I have an AMD 3800+, 2gb PC3200 ram and I need a good PCIE motherboard. What do you all suggest? i know nothing about PCIE since all i have had is AGP boards. Any help would be welcomed.

Absolution
03-24-06, 03:26 PM
dfi lan party ultra
rock stable, good oc if your into that, and well laid out

Roadhog
03-24-06, 03:59 PM
Asus A8N SLI. :D

einstein_314
03-24-06, 05:30 PM
Well, if you're into overclocking, I'd recommend a DFI board. I have the SLI-DR and LOVE it. There was a lot to learn about it but now that I have it figured out, it's great.

I've heard lots of good things about the Asus A8N-SLI too though. Oh, and do you want a SLI board or just a board with 2 PCI-E slots? I'm assuming this is for your brand spanking new 7900GTX :D Lucky Devil.

keith33
03-24-06, 05:35 PM
Ok I have an AMD 3800+, 2gb PC3200 ram and I need a good PCIE motherboard. What do you all suggest? i know nothing about PCIE since all i have had is AGP boards. Any help would be welcomed.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Most stable board I've ever used in my life. Tons of overclocking options. Virtually idiot proof. And the heatpipes are actually very effective not to mention they never need replacing like fans. Oh and the full SLI x16 if you ever get GTX #2.

betterdan
03-24-06, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I doubt I will be going SLI for a long time if ever (especially with another 7800GTX 512, those bastards are way too expensive) but I still wanted an SLI board just in case.
After checking out some reviews on Newegg and elsewhere I went ahead and ordered the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium.
I have had a DFI board before and it was great at overclocking but I think I'll try an Asus one this time. The A8N32-SLI Deluxe was also an option but I couldn't justify the extra cost for what I wanted out of the board.
Looking forward to my first motherboard change out. I have worked on and changed all the other parts of a computer out but never a motherboard or cpu so I hope it goes smoothly and I don't bust anything. ;)

Mr_LoL
03-25-06, 05:28 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. You should have had the DFI motherboard. Anyway good luck with your new board when you receive it :D

betterdan
03-25-06, 02:21 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. You should have had the DFI motherboard. Anyway good luck with your new board when you receive it :D
:D thanks.