View Full Version : Just picked up oblvion and a dvd-rom

a12ctic
03-24-06, 04:22 PM
im so excited (nana2)

CaptNKILL
03-24-06, 04:47 PM
??????

Why did you make a thread for this!?

jeeeeeez... people need to stop doing this. Theres a million "just got oblivion!" threads already.

Anyways, enjoy. Im sure youll love it. Make sure to check out the performance tweaks listed in this forum. That should help make it more playable for you. :)

Tygerwoody
03-24-06, 04:52 PM
Well.... I think he deserves a thread. Its going to take him all day to figure out how to mount the DVD rom drive and install the game on that Linux junk. :D

CaptNKILL
03-24-06, 04:55 PM
Well.... I think he deserves a thread. Its going to take him all day to figure out how to mount the DVD rom drive and install the game on that Linux junk. :D
heh heh :angel:

Im pretty sure he said he was getting a copy of Windows 2000 to play the game on.

a12ctic
03-24-06, 09:45 PM
ok well this is very frustrating, i played the game for about 2 hours and it crashes the comp so im like "hell its windows" not thinking anything about it, and some file was currupt (it was in system32 so its odviosly a major problem)... this is why i use linux, reinstalling windows atm.... luckily i had my game installed on another hd

AthlonXP1800
03-24-06, 10:18 PM
im so excited (nana2)

Wow you bought a DVD-ROM for Oblvion? I am really surprised you were 7 years behind me when I bought the first DVD-ROM in 1999.

killahsin
03-24-06, 11:17 PM
ok well this is very frustrating, i played the game for about 2 hours and it crashes the comp so im like "hell its windows" not thinking anything about it, and some file was currupt (it was in system32 so its odviosly a major problem)... this is why i use linux, reinstalling windows atm.... luckily i had my game installed on another hd

was it mpeg2dmx.ax by any chance? that causes alot of crashes for people and also the ffdshow spam thing.

Treason
03-25-06, 12:44 AM
Put me up as another user who picked up a DVD-ROM just for Oblivion! :D :p

SH64
03-25-06, 02:39 PM
Put me up as another user who picked up a DVD-ROM just for Oblivion! :D :p
Haha cool .. a nice exmaple for a game that sells hardware ;)